Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-10-20 12:51:06

**_krismc_**

Default font size and color in the Drawing tools

I am a teacher and use Adobe Connect to have live sessions with my students.  We work problems on the Whiteboard or on a powerpoint presentation that I have loaded into a Share Pod.  Students comment to me that they cannot see the text as I type.  They only see if after I click off of the text.  In order for them to follow along with me as I work problems, I have to frequently click outside of my textbox so that they can see what I have done.  Then, when I start typing again, the font changes back to a default setting that is waaaay to small for them to see. 

My suggestion is two fold. 
1.  Can we be allowed to change our default settings on the Draw Tools?
2.  Can the textbox tool be changed so that participants can see the letters in real time as we type them?

I understand that a work around would be to use the pen tool.  However, the pen tool is very difficult to control.  It is much messier than the pen tool we used when our school used Elluminate.

While I am making suggestions, it would also be a huge help to be able to allow participants access to the Draw tools without making them presenters.

#2 2011-12-21 01:04:35

**_ssahai_**

Re: Default font size and color in the Drawing tools

Granting rights to participants for only whiteboards is possible with Connect 8.1 onwards. You should select the participant(s) whom you wish to grant rights. From the attendee pod menu select "Attendee Options" and then "Enhanced rights". Now you can grant just whiteboard rights to selected participant. The same dialog can be used to provide rights to different pods without making them presenters.
You can select multiple participants and grant them rights in one go through this way.

#3 2012-05-03 10:24:59

**_fu_paladins_**

I definitely agree that it would be valuable to be able to set the default font and size for the Draw tool.

Our users get frustrated with the currently set default font and size.  It would be better to set the default to Arial and the size to be at least 16 or 18 based on today's screen resolutions.

#4 2012-05-15 08:01:36

**_ssahai_**

Good News! Based on your feedback, we have made changes in Connect 9.  Just like the pencil/highlighter tool, the text tool will also remember the last changed settings (font/size/color) when creating a new text area. Hope that help you guys out.

Keep tuned in for the new version of Connect.

#5 2012-05-15 12:48:50

**_fu_paladins_**

This is a step in the right direction.  The preferred answer would be to be able to set the draw tool defaults in Administration so that the default font and size apply to all rooms instead of having to set it manually in each breakout room.  The default must be set someplace already - just want to have more control at the admin level as to what the default is.

Board footer