Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-03-08 12:45:45

**_khweir_**

offline recordings for mobile devices?

does Adobe recommend any tools or apps to reformat offline recordings so that they are available on all mobile devices? 

It's great that we can run live webinars for the devices, but many prefer the recordings over live events.

The vendor I deal with for Adobe doesn't have any suggestions, and I couldn't find any in this forum either :(

#2 2012-03-08 15:20:53

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: offline recordings for mobile devices?

Are you trying to convert the offline .flv recording to an acceptable file format that can be streamed across all moble devices, or are you asking if there's a way to stream the recording directly from Connect to all mobile devices?

#3 2012-03-08 16:42:33

**_khweir_**

I would like to convert the offline flv to a format that plays on iOS, Android, BB tablets.

#4 2012-03-08 18:15:28

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Your best bet would be to convert the offline .flv to .mp4, which can be played across mobile devices. In my opinion, the best software (in terms of usability, cost, efficiency, etc.) is AVS Video Converter. As you can see by the screenshot below (taken on my laptop), there are several options for playback settings, etc:
qycms3.jpg

Hope that helps!

#5 2012-04-16 16:08:29

**_ljansen_**

Jeff - I am curious what your conversion success rate has been with this product.  Does your audio and video stream stay in sync 100% of the time?  Does it handle the Nellymoser audio codec?  Also, have you attempted to automate this conversion process using AVS Video Converter?

Thanks,
Leigha Jansen

#6 2012-04-17 12:00:32

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

ljansen wrote:

Jeff - I am curious what your conversion success rate has been with this product.  Does your audio and video stream stay in sync 100% of the time?  Does it handle the Nellymoser audio codec?  Also, have you attempted to automate this conversion process using AVS Video Converter?

Thanks,
Leigha Jansen

Hi Leigha,
I have done this a few (3 or 4) times with no complaints from end users about quality, sync, etc. As far as process automation, I haven't instituted anything, so I am unable to speak on its capabilities and/or reliabilities. Since my conversions were done on an "as needed" basis specifically for proof of concept, they most likely will not be recurring.

Overall, it's important to note that if this is going to be an ongoing process that end users will heavily rely on, that having an automation process in place may be the best solution, whereas my suggestion above would be good only for, "a few here and there." Further, my best advice would also be to research the available solution(s) before making any decisions to make certain that they're going to meet both your immediate and long term needs. As I can tell you firsthand, it's better to spend a little more now to alleviate any headaches later.

I hope that helps, and please feel free to contact me offline if you'd care to discuss further.
Thanks,
Jeff

#7 2012-04-17 12:16:46

**_ljansen_**

Thanks, Jeff.  I would be interested in an offline conversation.  Can you please send me your contact information: ljansen@alliedhealthmedia.com

Thanks much - I look forward to the discussion.

Leigha

Board footer