Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-12-14 12:59:10

**_Michael53_**

Presenter quiz problems

I have a Presenter presentation with a final quiz that users must pass to receive credit for taking the course. I have set the quiz to allow infinite attempts. It works fine on my computer, but when uploaded to the LMS server, when the quiz is repeated the program locks on the first question. The only to move at that point is to close the browser (sometimes with the aid of the program manager). The LMS I use is a customized LMS 7 platform. Any ideas?

#2 2012-01-13 12:26:13

**_mriltd_**

Re: Presenter quiz problems

Michael, I'm having the same issue. I recently converted to Windows 7 operating system and it's the only thing I can think of that could cause the issue (have published many other courses without this test issue surfacing).

what operating system are you working with?

#3 2012-01-13 13:36:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

This does sound like a bug with the multiple attempts feature. I would report it to Adobe Support so they know about it, and can work on a fix.

I don't believe it is related to Windows 7, but if you have the option to test on a different OS, please let us know the results.

#4 2012-01-13 14:59:16

**_mriltd_**

Thank you, Jorma. We've created many dozens of courses and this is the first time we've experienced the lock up on the second attempt. I'll let Support know. Thank you for your timely response.

#5 2012-01-16 11:13:46

**_Michael53_**

Hi,
I am using windows 7, but I think the problem is with the LMS. We found that if we publish using an earlier version of Presenter, we do not have the problem. When I contacted Adobe, they seemed to feel that there is some incompatibility between the action script 3 and the LMS. Supposedly they are working on a patch.

#6 2012-02-02 12:52:11

**_msialvi_**

I dealt with the same issue and concluded this...

The issue is not with the LMS, Windows version, Browser, but the Presenter's updated version of 7.0.6

Use the base version 7.0.0 without any updates, and problem solved. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87013.html

Good luck and smile!

#7 2012-02-02 13:00:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Be careful with 7.0.0, it has many a frustrating bugs. If you need, I'd say go to 7.0.5, but I wouldn't touch 7.0.0 or 7.0.1.

#8 2012-04-05 14:21:16

**_nlaffey_**

I am experiencing a similar issue.  I have one matching question within a quiz.  It is set to two attempts.  When you reach this question in the quiz you can select answers, submit, and receive feedback.  You are then able to select additional answers or clear answers but you cannot submit.  The navigation buttons on the play bar will not advance you backwards or forwards and you cannot select a different place in the presentation using the outline to move.  The only option is to shut down completely.  This presentation is located on the Adobe Connect server, was created using Presenter 7.0.7, Windows 7, and PPT 2007.

I saw a "resolved" indicator next to the original comment.  The solution of going to an earlier version to publish is not an option for me, so I am hoping for other guidance.

#9 2012-04-05 15:57:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I've head that there is currently a bug in the matching questions if there is not the same amount of options in both columns. So if you have more in one or the other, try getting them to equal numbers and see if that works.

Board footer