Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-12 13:13:50

**_donutman925_**

Course Self Enrollment Problem

I am having problems trying to figure out how to let users enroll themselves in courses. From what I have seen, a basic user account can't do it. The person has to belong to either the Admin group or the Admin limited group which I don't want thousands of users to have access to those rights. There has to be something I'm missing here?

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2010-03-12 13:14:22)

#2 2010-03-16 22:24:55

**_mark2741_**

Re: Course Self Enrollment Problem

I haven't looked into this since v4 of ACP, but it used to be that you had to license the 'Events' module to allow self-registration.

Alternatively, you could surely do this using the XML API, if you're so inclined.

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2010-05-11 06:44:44

**_Mr_Jalvo_Of_PA_**

I think there is an easier way to do this.

Go to the "Training Catalog" and click on "Set Permissions." You can add each learner that you want to access the catalog manually. They are then set to the default permission of "View."

It might be easier to create a group, say "Training Catalog Users," add that group to the permissions of the "Training Catalog," and then add and remove users from that group as needed.

#4 2010-05-17 16:47:06

**_DaveG_**

In our experience, unless basic user accounts were added to the Learners group, they couldn't even SEE the Training Catalog.  Once they were added to the Learners Group, Self-enrollment was determined by the Training course, curriculum, or virtual classroom parameters themselves.

#5 2012-03-30 10:08:37

**_edutrainer10_**

Donutman925,

Where you ever able to figure this out?  I am having the same problem and I don't want to use the training catalog or the events module.  Events module makes you register every time you wish to enroll and the training catalog is not targeted enough to certain types of people to use.

#6 2012-03-30 13:42:37

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

A third party events tool may be a better solution if the Events module or the Training Catalog don't fit your needs. I'd be happy to discuss the two that we work with (ConferenceEdge and Connect Your Events) off forum. Just put .com after my user id.

The other option you could consider, as Mark suggested, is creating your own registration system using the API's. You can find a full list of them here, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html

Board footer