Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-04-02 16:58:26

**_Blik_**

Migration: URL changed, DB not working: Redirect to old server!?!?

Hi there,

I had a migration of Connect 6 SP2 to another, identical server. Connect itself is running, but I have problems with the database:

The old server had the URL www.myOldServer.com, the new one has www.myNewServer.com

What happens after I uploaded the old MSSQL-Database is the following: After browsing to www.myNewServer.com, it gets redirected automatically to www.myOldServer.com plus quite a lot of parameters which include the new server's URL.

So, it seems to me that deep within the database there are some fields that cause the new server to "think" that the application actually is still running on the old server.

Of course I searched the database and indeed I found several references to the old server, but changing them to the new server's URL didn't work.

So, my question: What fields in which tables do I have to change in order to persuade Connect to run on the new server without redirecting?

This is a rather big client for us and time is of essence, so I appreciate every feedback.

Another point would be if, by any chance, there is a documentation of the database's structure and values.

Cheers,
Blik

#2 2008-04-02 17:51:30

**_michael_**

Re: Migration: URL changed, DB not working: Redirect to old server!?!?

Have you updated the FQDN of the server (either through the Admin Console or via the custom.ini file) yet?  From the description of the behavior, it sounds like the Connect server is still configured for the old domain name.

#3 2008-04-03 02:43:05

**_Blik_**

Re: Migration: URL changed, DB not working: Redirect to old server!?!?

The FQDN is correct and points to the new Server. The installation on the new Server is made from scratch.

So I have two databases: The one that was created during installation, let's call it "DB_newServer", and the one that I "created" / restored from the old installation, let's call that "DB_oldServer".

When I  bind Connect to the database "DB_newServer" via the Web-Config, everything runs as expected (meaning: no re-direct). Only if I change the Database to "DB_oldServer" via Web-Config, the redirect occurs. I do this while Connect is running, I do not stop the Meeting server.

This is why I think that it's the content of the DB that decides wheter to redirect to another server or not, not the server-configuration (e.g. custom.ini) itself.

Board footer