Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-02 20:48:51

**_fu_paladins_**

Connect Pro Mobile Feature Questions

We are new to the mobile app on the iPad and looking to use iPads later this year for people coming to sessions.

Upon investigation, it looks like the following are supported:
- Viewing content
- Participants typing in chat
- Participants answering polls

It looks like the following are not supported either in the main room or breakout rooms:
- Sharing of screens
- Uploading content
- Using the draw tools

Can someone please confirm the above? This will help ensure we properly design the sessions for maximum benefit with participants using iPads (which will be most or all).

Also, any other limitations we may not have identified?

#2 2012-02-03 10:18:42

alistairlee

Re: Connect Pro Mobile Feature Questions

I believe you're correct for both lists.

One point to clarify is that you can load content into a share pod - but you can't 'upload' content from your device.  The content needs to exist in the room already.  Since Adobe Connect meeting rooms are persistent, that basically means you have to have used the content before.

It might also be worth mentioning some of the newer hosting capabilities for the iPad:
- Start and end meetings
- Accept or deny guests from entering meetings
- Enable or disable participant

#3 2012-02-10 10:01:54

**_sarnold_**

alistairlee,

You mentioned the new features which is something that I just read about but in the features, it mentions screen sharing on the iPad.  I have tried and I can't find that option.  I was actually just talking to one of our faculty yesterday about how that screen sharing and being able to upload documents from the iPad would be very useful because we are trying to implement iPads to our faculty and students.  Could you explain the screen sharing option on the iPad that you mentioned?  Do you know if there is any plans to allow people to upload a document from their iPad into the mobile interface?

Thanks

#4 2012-02-24 11:21:49

**_fu_paladins_**

Another question that came up:

Since there are now some browsers available for the iPad that support running Flash content, is it possible to run a Connect Pro Meeting using one of those browsers?

If yes to the above, will the entire feature set be available (i.e. Draw tool, screen sharing, etc.)?

Thanks!

#5 2012-03-06 16:44:09

**_fu_paladins_**

Hello...anyone out there to answer my post above? Thanks.

#6 2012-03-06 16:53:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you are running the meeting in a Flash Player then you should have full feature functionality. However, you would want to test first, to verify and validate that there aren't any hiccups.

#7 2012-03-10 18:42:44

**_snoopdoggydex_**

Does anyone know if the Adobe Connect Mobile app for the iPhone 4S is compatible with Apple's HDMI Adapter?  Essentially, I am looking to have the ability to view a video stream from Adobe Connect going to my iPhone on a larger monitor.  Apple's website to states that the ability to "mirror" iPhone content on an external display depends on the application. However, I can not determine if the Adobe Connect Mobile supports this our not.  If anyone out there already has an iPhone 4S with the HDMI Adapter it would be a huge favor to see if you could connect to an HDTV and watch the video stream from an online meeting. Thanks.

Board footer