Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-09 17:35:18

**_nrabinovitch_**

Events email reminders

Hi,

I have Events module in the hosted version, and regularly use the automated email functionality (event notifications) for events. The email labeled 'Remind participants closer to event' seems to have switched who the targeted audience is. I am not sure when this switch happened - if I had to guess, I would say in the upgrade to v7.
As the label implies, 'participants' should receive the notification - in other words, people who have registered. This used to be the case as our customers would receive this reminder a day before teh event they for which they registered. However, when I click to edit the notification now, the targeted audience reads as 'all invitees for the event'.  This is a completely different set of people, and is inconsistent with the original label of 'Remind <i>participants</i> closer to event' I do not want to remind invitees as we invite our customers through a different system than Adobe. Having the Events module means, though that I should sending reminders to my customers through the Events system.
I have contacted support tier 1 and tier 2 with no help. Tier 1 suggest I use the 'send updates' email (which I have to manually send in each case) for reminders going forward - but this is not an acceptable solution.

This was an unannounced and very unwelcome change to the Events module that needs rectification.
Any ideas out there?

Nick

#2 2009-01-23 19:03:20

**_eomedia_**

Re: Events email reminders

I might suggest you take a look at a third party replacement for the events module, such as ours.

http://www.conferenceEdge.com

Scheduled email management is not something you want to mess around with as a missed delivery can lower your event attendance and a late one makes you look foolish to your attendees.

Our system allows to create multiple targets each of which can receive unique targeted emails both scheduled or automated against actions that you take (e.g. Waitlist, Decline, Approve).

You can reach us at 877-988-7526 or via email at info@conferenceEdge.com.

Ryan

#3 2012-03-05 13:59:01

**_toasty0621_**

@ Nick, Has support gotten back to you on this?  I have many issues with the Event system and emails.  Largest issue I have is when I have a reoccurring event and update the date/time/information and want to resend information, the reminders system "seems to" update to the correct dates to send out reminders but they are never sent.  I don't even have the "send updates" option after I save & rebuild events.  I have to export the participant table and send that way. 

@Ryan thanks for the 3rd party option it would just seem that since we payed for this system/service from Adobe it would work. 

Running Ver. 8.2.0.1

#4 2012-03-05 22:54:57

**_eomedia_**

toasty0621,

No worries, I definitely understand that you want the product to do what you need.  I would only mention that the Adobe events module has not always provided everything that people might want/need, which is why the 3rd party options such as ours are so popular with clients.

That is especially true when you consider that our Edge Events product is priced very similar to Adobes while offering many more features.  We also offer a Pro version with a ton of features that you can't even get from Adobe's module.

I realize you've already purchased the event module, but when you renew (or if other people happen on this thread) give us a call and we can show you why you should switch.

Thanks

Ryan

Board footer