Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-27 13:51:03

**_sgentzen_**

Modifying the login page

I have a relatively new instance of Adobe Connect out there and I'm struggling a bit with modifying the login page.

I'm not looking to make any lage changes...mostly just adding some text here and there in the gray space above and below the login form. 

Has anyone seen some documentation or have any tips/hints on how to pull this off?

Thanks

#2 2008-03-27 14:42:46

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Modifying the login page

If you have a hosted account, you cannot do anything with those areas.

If you have a licensed account, you could be adventurous and go playing in the code, and see if you can find that page to edit. But this may get you into non-supportable territory.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2008-03-27 14:49:40

**_sgentzen_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

If you have a licensed account, you could be adventurous and go playing in the code, and see if you can find that page to edit. But this may get you into non-supportable territory.

I'm using the licensed version.  I'm hosting it on my own servers.

I've been poking around the files a little bit and while I haven't broken anything yet, I'm also not getting what I'm looking for

#4 2008-03-27 15:55:24

**_michael_**

Adobe will definitely not support a modified licensed deployment, and it is highly likely that future upgrades will write-over any changes you've made.  Prior to upgrading, make sure you make a backup to preserve your changes, and hopefully, the page structure doesn't change significantly and you can re-apply your mods.  We ended up building a customization framework to allow for easier re-application of changes, as well as distribution across large clusters of servers (where you need to make the change on each and every server).

In this case, if all you need to do is add some text, then take a peak at the language files, as the page structure may accommodate simply adding some text to the corresponding string in the language you are interested in.

Board footer