Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-29 15:29:16

**_robert.l.mann_**

Unable to publish Presenter 7.07 to My Computer

I am collaborating with two clients with the same OS, different versions of PowerPoint and same issue of not being able to publish locally to My Computer.

In both cases, the publishing process seems to hang on "Creating swf..."; whereby we have to "end task" after 3-5 minutes.

Computer A:
Windows XP v2002 SP3 (32-Bit)
PowerPoint 2003 SP3
Adobe Presenter 7.07 Bld 7746

Computer B:
Windows XP v2002 SP3 (32-Bit)
PowerPoint 2007 SP2
Adobe Presenter 7.07 Bld 7746

Use case:
Create new file.
Add a few slides with text on each.
Save.
Publish to "My Computer" (default location) with default settings

Initilly it appears to begin the compiling process, but then just stalls on "Creating swf...".
We have waited several minutes for it to finish, but it appears it never will.

#2 2012-02-29 16:09:20

**_redhatperl_**

Re: Unable to publish Presenter 7.07 to My Computer

Never heard of Windows XP v2002?

I am using it with PPT 2003 and PPT 2007 with no problems, you have any anti-virus or blocking program?

#3 2012-02-29 16:27:39

**_robert.l.mann_**

WinXP Pro  Version 2002 Service Pack 3

If you are suggesting that Anit-Virus is blocking it I will have to confirm with my clients as I assume they are using similar programs under our enterprise environment, but can you be more specific to why the program may be blocking it. Is it script execution, a port, or something else.

Both users are administrative users so it should not be some limitations by that.

#4 2012-03-01 20:08:33

**_robert.l.mann_**

I was able to sign on to their computers under a new profile and successfully publish to "My Computer".

This suggests that their account profile is affected by this issues. Is there something I can do with their profile where Adobe Presenter will fix itself before I suggest they will need to establish a new profile?

Are there folders within their profile that I can rename or remove?

Board footer