Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-20 09:14:27

**_Poppy_**

A few beginner questions

Hi all,

1. I'd like to be able to have a video, application and whiteboard pod available to share and either show them together or quickly switch between them with one mouse click. Is it possible to do this?

2. Is it possible to use 2 monitors and have the shared screen open on a separate monitor. 

3. Do I have to buy Adobe presenter or captivate to create a student exam/quiz?

Thanks for any replies

#2 2011-11-21 01:20:35

**_Purnima_**

Re: A few beginner questions

For 1 and 2 , Adobe Connect can provide these and much more.

For 3, AFAIK,  if you need quiz reporting within connect, you would need Presenter or Captivate.

HiH

#3 2011-11-21 15:31:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

1. You should be able to do this with layering and Layouts. You can have all the functions active on multiple layouts, and the attendees would see whatever was on the top layer of pods. The one click would be to switch between layouts that changed what was visible to the audience.

2. Yes this is possible, I do it all the time. I screen share from monitor #2 and have the room open on monitor #1.

3. Purchasing one of those tools is probably the easiest method of getting quiz functionality into an application on Connect that is track-able. But you may be able to find someone who has built a custom application that reports to Connect like Presenter or Captivate. However, the development cost will most likely exceed the cost of the Captivate and/or Presenter products.

#4 2011-11-22 11:30:16

**_Poppy_**

"You should be able to do this with layering and Layouts. You can have all the functions active on multiple layouts, and the attendees would see whatever was on the top layer of pods. The one click would be to switch between layouts that changed what was visible to the audience."

Thanks for the replies on this.
I've tried the multiple layout idea but it seems rather clumsy in that it takes so song to open the alternative layouts plus I have to restart my webcam each time. Wouldn't it be better to have a playlist?
I've downloaded the talkingstick software and it has a good interface. However having to access various sources from URLs did not work very well. Could we not use uploaded content? And also it's VERY expensive!!

Last edited by **_Poppy_** (2011-11-22 11:31:11)

#5 2011-11-22 12:31:28

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The trick with layering the pods means that you would have the camera pod open on all layouts, but it may be hidden behind a share pod or something else, so no one sees it. The video is still live and active, but unless you switch to a layout with the camera pod on top, no one knows it's there. Thus you don't have to restart your webcam.

The layouts function is essentially your "playlist" and we have used connect like this for clients in the past. The trick is having all your content that you want active on the first layout and all layouts after that. Once you do it a couple of times, it's not that bad to set up.

#6 2012-02-23 00:23:07

**_appypaddy_**

How Adobe Connect enables rapid creation, deployment, and management of engaging training.

Board footer