Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-19 08:27:19

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Disallow users to edit their profile?

Hi,
We use the hosted version of Adobe Connect. As an administrator, I wonder if it is possible to disallow users to edit their profile?
Cheers,
Jonas

#2 2012-02-20 07:00:21

**_Purnima_**

Re: Disallow users to edit their profile?

Hi Jonas
Non Admin users can only change their language and time zone preferences. Or can create audio profiles. Do you want to restrict this ?

#3 2012-02-20 07:59:24

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Purnima wrote:

Hi Jonas
Non Admin users can only change their language and time zone preferences. Or can create audio profiles. Do you want to restrict this ?

Hi Purnima,
Thanks for your reply! I was not clear in my first posting. In fact I wonder if it is possible to disallow a specific administrator group (not system group) to edit their passwords and user names?
Kind regards, Jonas

#4 2012-02-20 23:54:24

**_Purnima_**

User cant be stopped from changing it Password. And I can't even see a use case where it should be done. Can you please elaborate why you might want to do tht ?

AFAIK, Modifying user name, is available only to Administrator, so limited admins, and administrator groups created can always be denied of it. But if i know the use case, I can always try out and let you know a sure solution.

#5 2012-02-21 03:32:15

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi again,
As we use an integration between our LMS and Connect, the log in credentials are handled by the LMS - when they are changed in the LMS they are automatically updated in Connect, but not the other way around.
So that is the reason why we would like to disallow our administrators to change user name and password in Connect.
/ Jonas

Purnima wrote:

User cant be stopped from changing it Password. And I can't even see a use case where it should be done. Can you please elaborate why you might want to do tht ?

AFAIK, Modifying user name, is available only to Administrator, so limited admins, and administrator groups created can always be denied of it. But if i know the use case, I can always try out and let you know a sure solution.

Board footer