Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-07 14:22:09

**_nblavoie_**

Flex Designed SWF pod.

Hello,

I read everywhere that Flash Designed SWF can be loaded into a pod with no problem.

I'm trying to load a Flex designed application into a pod and it doesn't seems to work? I don't see any content of it...

Any advices?

Nicolas

#2 2008-03-09 23:55:16

**_gprivat_**

Re: Flex Designed SWF pod.

Connect Pro is still built on AS2 architecture in order to enable people with older version of Flash Player to join a meeting.
When developing an app with Flex, you are most likely requiring AS3 which was introduced with FP 9 and is not yet supported with Connect Pro.

#3 2008-03-10 08:22:06

**_nblavoie_**

Hello. So, I must design my apps in Flash then upload then to Connect so I can use them inside it?

Last edited by **_nblavoie_** (2008-03-10 08:22:32)

#4 2008-03-12 04:24:15

**_cloudspeed_**

if you're using Flash CS3 you will also have to make sure you author your swf files using AS2 specs, otherwise you still will most likely require FP9.
francesco

#5 2008-03-12 07:49:34

**_nblavoie_**

Cloudspeed, I have just done my first POD with Flash MX 2004 and it works great. I can communicate outside to a MySQL database with a proxy PHP file (with a crossdomain.xml allowing our host to contact our LAMP server). It has been hard to figure out how to design the first bricks, but now it works. Next step is to try to find a way to transfer a visitor into another meeting. Do you have any ideas how to do this? By updating is permission with a Web Service API call? Thanks.

#6 2008-03-17 10:33:22

**_cloudspeed_**

nblavoie, you could make your custom pod open a new browser window for a selected username - you can retrieve user information accessing BreezeSyncConnector userID and userName properties.
let me know if it works for you.
francesco

Board footer