Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-10 09:37:47

**_nblavoie_**

Communication between PODs

Hello,
Is that possible for a pod to communicate with another, in another instance of Connect? Example. I would like a "seller" set his state to "available" and the receptionist can see this state in a different pod. Then, she can send him new visitors. Ok here is a more clear example :

1. Seller log into Connect then set it's state to available via a custom Pod in his interface.
2 . Then, the receptionnist see his new state changed (via a second custom Pod).
3. A visitor log into the receptionnist meeting.
4. Then, the receptionnist assign this visitor to a seller. A new URL popup then send the visitor to the seller's meeting.
5. Then the receptionnist close the visitor' session.

So there are 2 instances of Connect, running on different clients. And, their Pods need to exchange real time data.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Nicolas

#2 2008-03-10 09:38:53

**_nblavoie_**

Re: Communication between PODs

And by different clients, I mean 2 computers who can be all around the world...

#3 2008-03-11 07:26:40

**_nblavoie_**

Well, I have found some sort of answer. With Collaboration Builder SDK, we can synch communication between pods but not with 2 different pods. We can go around this problem by using a database layer between the 2 pods then make loadVariables request to the server. Not in real time though...

#4 2008-03-12 04:20:22

**_cloudspeed_**

what about adding an fms layer for communications between the 2 pods? this way you could allow real-time data push, if this is a requirement, between 2 or more pods, while still retaining the capability to use a database.

Board footer