Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-11 02:30:39

**_Medini_**

how to change the template of an existing meeting

Hello,

We have had a question come in from one of our key Adobe Connect users. Is there a way to edit existing OLCs sessions so that a different template can be used? I cannot find a way to do this with my admin account but is there a

#2 2012-01-11 10:33:01

alistairlee

Re: how to change the template of an existing meeting

I don't believe so - the template is only used to create the meeting.  After that, there is no link back to the original template.

#3 2012-01-11 11:02:54

**_pafell_**

So Alistair, am I correct in interpreting your reply to mean that if we have old templates that we no longer want to be available to choose for new meetings that they can be deleted and that won't affect any recordings of meetings created with those old templates? (i.e. all of the parameters of the template get stored as part of the recording and therefore the original template is only relevant at the time the meeting is created).

Last edited by **_pafell_** (2012-01-11 11:03:51)

#4 2012-01-12 07:33:31

**_ssahai_**

Yes pafell that is true. A template is only used at the very first time a meeting is launched. It has no links back and is of no use after the first run. It is NOT needed for this meeting or the meeting's recordings.

#5 2012-01-18 16:49:47

**_TrevorMartin_**

You can't change the template of an existing meeting, but you can easily modify the meeting as you see fit. If necessary, you could turn that newly modified meeting into a new template and build new rooms based on it.

Board footer