Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-12 10:59:45

**_kschultz_**

Curriculum Not Required symbol...but it is required

Some of my users are getting confused about the symbols that apprear on the home page.

the note that I can see when I hover over the "Not Required " symbol says.
"This item is not required because the cirriculum was complete before this course was added".  That may be true however the course is still mandatory, How can I change this flag.

We are providing additional training as time passes, on this same topic so add more courses as we go.

Can anyone help

#2 2012-01-12 11:11:33

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Curriculum Not Required symbol...but it is required

This situation results in the fact that once someone receives a completion certificate for the curriculum, they are considered to have passed and not additional action is required for them, even if you add objects to it that are required.

There are a couple of solutions, one is to add an external training object, as you (the Training Manager) would have to manually assign a score. So if the external training is set as a required object to pass the curriculum, you could wait until everything had been added and then assign a pass status to everyone and no one should be able to complete the curriculum without interacting with all the objects.

The other solution is one I see more commonly. I have a few clients who run into the same issue, so they set up monthly or quarterly curriculum so that they can add objects to as needed and once they deploy a curriculum, all new training gets put into the next curriculum.

#3 2012-01-12 12:53:04

**_kschultz_**

Jorma, you are always so helpful,  Can you help with this que?

I am reviewing a learner report by individual, it shows that the ciricculum is complete.
But when I look at the details, I can see he has not completed and  courses not ever 1 of the 7 required courses???

Why would this be?

#4 2012-01-17 10:42:43

**_kschultz_**

Is there any way to re-set this cirriculum without loosing everyones results??

#5 2012-01-17 12:21:02

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Are the objects in the curriculum required? If all the objects were optional, then just viewing the curriculum would complete it. Other than that, it would have to be getting credit from taking the courses elsewhere, or possibly if they accessed the curriculum prior to there being any objects in it.

No, there is no option for resetting a curriculum. Other than deleting it, but that poses the problem of removing all previous user data.

You may find that just starting with a fresh curriculum with identical content may be one way to go.

#6 2012-01-17 12:30:05

**_kschultz_**

I am good with the idea of a new cirriculum with identical content, but woudl the users results for items taken carry forward?

#7 2012-01-17 12:41:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you use the same courses that are in the old curriculum, they would get credit for their efforts in those courses. If you make new courses, that are identical to the old courses, they will not get credit for previous efforts.

#8 2012-01-17 12:48:12

**_kschultz_**

So I set up a new Curriculum, called Test - I added a course from the training library, but when I check report for the various items, no results carried through.  I missed something right?

I added a user to the new Test Curr, but his result also do not show.
What am I missing?

#9 2012-01-17 13:12:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It should only show results for individuals who are enrolled in your curriculum, who have taken a course previously.

It should look something like this:
Grandfather+course+score.jpg?download=Grandfather+course+score.jpg

#10 2012-01-17 14:34:40

**_kschultz_**

OK I can see this now.   
I signed up 2 additional team members to the test Curric. and I know they have completed all or some of the courses.  Their names are not showing up when I look at Reports summarized by user.  Would they 1st be required to open the file in order for me, and them to see their current results?

I am actaully quite optimistic here as the flags are actually correct at this time, all showing required, pre-requisite showing.

#11 2012-01-17 17:23:13

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Yes, to show up in the By User report, they must access the curriculum first. If you can wait until tomorrow (sooner if you are licensed), you can check the reports by curriculum and you should see all the enrolled learners and their status.

Board footer