Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-02-11 05:59:28

**_winning_wiin_**

Upgrading / Patching

I would like to report on my experience with upgrading from AC 6 SP2 to SP3 and patching SP3 ...

What I would expect is a logical, well guided procedure, with the most important steps documented along with the files to download.

What I got is sadly more confusing - often contradictory between docs and procs.

There is first of all the hurdle to retrieve the actual version of the running system - no hint in the pdf, only on the webpage in a subscript!
-> please do output this in the System-Info-Page or at least give the hint along the installation-docs.

Besides: the Revision/Version-numbering scheme seems catastrophic - too many numbers; confusing

contradiction: docu: the patch to SP3 is cumulative, contains SP3... the patch does not even contain a docu !, nor SP3

Docs on /support/connect/updaters.html:
no info on service-shutdown before applying the update
no paths given where to find *.jar -files

contradiction: SP3 seems to be a full install - overwrite???
contradiction: Docs say to backup custom.ini only... installer asks for a complete backup
contradiction: installer recommends service-startup after update whereas docs say to copy custom.ini back first

FMS is equal to Meeting-Server (who should know?)

There is even more - the installation overwrites settings in appserv/conf/WEB-INF/web.xml - you have to fix that manually and there is no hint on that in the docs!

hoping badly for improvement (for the sake of our admins;-)

regards

Last edited by **_winning_wiin_** (2008-02-13 03:12:27)

#2 2008-03-04 20:53:54

**_reinaldo_**

Re: Upgrading / Patching

Hi Winning,

I'll upgrade connect 6 to sp3.
I've many meetings recorded. You have some difficulties to reassemby recorded meetings after upgrade your system to sp3?
Thanks,

Reinaldo
UNIFESP-Brazil

#3 2008-03-05 02:03:01

**_michael_**

We've done a number of upgrades from SP2 to SP3 Updater 2, without any new issues on recording meetings/archives, so I wouldn't anticipate you having a problem.  That said, take a few moments to perform a backup before proceeding.

The only significant change you're end-users will likely see will be the prompt to update your Add-in version when screensharing.

#4 2008-03-11 08:43:04

**_winning_wiin_**

Indeed it was not a problem to retain the recordings if you stay on the same server, but we also switched server, so it was necessary to manually copy the files over.
I do not remember every detail, but there were 2 huge files (4GB each - supposedly caches), which we left behind and it worked.

greets

Board footer