Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-21 13:05:39

**_afut_**

Breeze API + Flash Pod and UserID vs. AdobeID

There must be an easier way to get the Adobe ID of a person inside a Flash Pod inside a Connect meeting.

Everyone keeps pointing us back to the sample apps and documentation which are still very light... OR the samples are TOO difficult or simply do not function as expected.

We have a simple Flash Pod form and would like to pass the users AdobeID via the getURL function...

Is this possible? Is the Breeze UserID the same as the user's AdobeID???

Thanks ahead!

Ryan

#2 2007-12-23 00:17:14

**_gprivat_**

Re: Breeze API + Flash Pod and UserID vs. AdobeID

Ryan,

To answer your question, I need to take a step back and clarify our branding, which I reckon can be confusing.
Adobe offers 2 web conferencing products:
- Acrobat Connect and
- Acrobat Connect Pro
Connect is a lightweight web conferencing solution geared towards individual and SMBs that provides mostly screen sharing capabilities.
Connect Pro is more an enterprise or departmental solution that address the needs for general collaboration but also training, marketing and sales seminars and events.
For the difference between both offerings, please refer to: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatconnect/compare/

Connect uses Adobe ID.
Connect Pro uses its own authentication method documented in the XML web service guide that you can find here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobatconnect/

So to answer your question, I would need to better understand which product you are referering to.

Thanks

Guillaume

#3 2007-12-24 12:40:44

**_afut_**

Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply! To answer your question, we use Adobe

#4 2007-12-27 03:14:01

**_gprivat_**

OK - so it looks like you have an on-premise deployment of Connect Pro.  Adobe ID are not relevant in that case.  You should look at the XML web service guide for Connect Pro.

Guillaume

#5 2007-12-27 11:51:02

**_afut_**

Actually, we lease the server space, nothing on-site here. We do use Adobe IDs extensively, which is why I need to get the value. However, I will look at the XML web service information, but maybe you can pass along whatever you might have for getting the Adobe ID from a Connect session.

Thanks again!

Ryan

#6 2007-12-27 12:03:49

**_afut_**

In looking at the Web Services help doc, that would be more for getting at session information from an External Application. I simply want to get the Adobe ID from inside a Flash Pod that is shared in a Connect Session.

Please advise.

Thanks!

#7 2008-03-07 14:19:24

**_nblavoie_**

I also need this information.
Any development on this afut?

Board footer