Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-02 16:55:21

**_tlchurch_**

"Connecting" never connects

We are a licensed install (on premises).

I am able to log into our Connect server through the iPhone/iPad app.

When I click "enter" for the meeting room, it stays "Connecting/connecting to meeting" forever (I can walk away and come back hours later and it is still circling).

I have tried pulling crash logs from the device, but since the app is not actually crashing, there is nothing there to point me in a direction where I can resolve the issue.

(a) Where can I look for log files, etc. with regard to the device? (is there a debug player for the device?)

(b) Advice on what could be the problem?

#2 2011-01-12 15:27:38

**_randahm_**

Re: "Connecting" never connects

Further investigation into this issue was performed off-thread. A general update for the forum is as follows:

Different network connection types can be used by Adobe Connect when establishing a connection with the server to join a meeting. There are technical documents that go into detail regarding these connections, but some are better (faster; optimized to handle real time communication traffic) and therefore preferred, while others are essentially failover connection methods, which are less efficient but still allow a successful meeting connection. These connections establish a sort of tunnel through the network in situations where our real time connections are prevented, which can occur in corporate environments where a user connection is established through a highly secure firewall. Adobe Connect is able to tunnel traffic through the less preferred connections from the desktop client. Thus far, the mobile client has not been designed to handle this type of failover connection.

Based on some testing and research done in this area, we are working on a solution so that Adobe Connect Mobile can handle connections that failover to connection types outside the preferred methods. We anticipate this enhancement will be delivered in our next dot release of Adobe Connect Mobile, which we expect to deliver by late winter / early spring.

If others are consistently encountering an issue similar to the one listed here, you may be experiencing the same type of connection issue. Feel free to join this thread to give us more details so that we solve the problem for the widest audience possible.

Randah

#3 2011-01-21 11:05:08

**_waltripj_**

Good information.  When we first started with Adobe Connect Pro with our webinars (month to month hosted at Adobe), I tried accessing the webinar via my iPhone and WiFi and it would work sometimes.  The newer version 1.0.5 worked even better.

Now I take our recordings of the webinar, make it public access, and provide a url to the recording, post it on our website and it works fine via a computer, but the iPhone or iPad has the same issue, connecting, initializing, requesting room info, connecting to meeting....   Difference between the Mac and iPhone is the app asks to enter the room as: Guest, Your Name.... Enter.  On a computer, it doesn't ask for any, "Enter as" information.

I like the app.  Looking forward to the newer version.

Thanks,

James

#4 2011-01-27 17:07:10

**_vialins4_**

My company has the Adobe Connect Pro subscription.  I am also getting this same issue for all our iPhone/iPad.  And it doesn't matter if it's being pulled within our network or externally.  I've only tried this on the recorded meetings but not any live meetings.

#5 2011-02-07 14:24:34

**_randahm_**

The Adobe Connect Mobile application is for connections to real-time meetings only. When you log in, enter a URL to a meeting that is happening live.

Support for viewing recorded meetings is planned for a future version.

Randah

#6 2011-04-18 06:08:59

**_walton_**

I have the same issue on my samsung i9000. Connecting never comes to an end. Is it that I have to wait for the new Android Release 2.3 Gingerbread or why is it not working with these smartphone? As I read Samsung Fascinate should work. I really want to understand that, otherwise I have to sell my smartphone and buy another one.  Thanks in advance.

#7 2011-04-20 11:03:34

**_randahm_**

@walton - can you please let me know which issue you are seeing?

Connecting to recorded meetings in the client is not yet a supported feature, and is a longer term enhancement we are discussing here on the Adobe Connect Mobile team.

Connecting to secure meetings that use alternative login authentication, and/or potentially tunnel the traffic over a non-standard port, is a supported feature. Please install the latest version of ACM from the Android Market and try again. If your organization is using Single Sign On, try logging in with the 'Alternative Login' link. Let us know how it goes.

#8 2011-04-21 12:26:26

**_scpepper_**

randahm---I am having the same issue on my new Blackberry Playbook.

It's getting stuck on the Connect to meeting screen as well....tried the alternate login link and it does the same thing. Loads all the way up and then just sits when it says Connecting...

#9 2011-05-07 14:16:27

**_praha_**

What version of Connect server are you using? Can you connect to this meeting room http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/connectules/ as a guest?

#10 2011-05-07 14:26:20

**_praha_**

Correction:

Correct URL is:

http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/connectrules/

#11 2011-12-24 16:41:32

**_airdrie_**

I'm having the same issue with my iPad. A colleague was able to connect to using his iPhone which I assume would be using the same server. My iPad however stays with "Connecting" forever. I'm looking forward to that update.

#12 2011-12-27 13:49:45

**_tlchurch_**

Update - Adobe resolved the issue I was experiencing with I believe Connect Mobile 1.5. They were very helpful and responsive offline in getting this resolved.

Board footer