Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-18 12:10:43

**_cstewart_**

No audio with iPad?

I tried to watch a webinar with Apple this morning using the Adobe Connect app for iPad. I had a great video connection but I was unable to ever get audio. Has anyone had this issue?

#2 2011-08-10 11:23:24

**_adobeconnectmv_**

Re: No audio with iPad?

Hi

I am in the same situation, being connected either by 3G or WiFi. Video, shared presentation are very nice, and my voice is listened in the other side of meeting. However I can't hear any. Help!

#3 2011-08-26 01:10:57

**_praha_**

Hello,

Was the meeting using VoIP or integrated telephone conference? Was the Host/Presenter broadcast audio using a microphone or integrated with telephony conference?

-minh

#4 2011-09-07 11:10:26

**_csoto_**

I am in a session right now (demo by Adobe's Scott Trudeau).  There is VOIP audio on my Mac, but none on my iPhone nor my iPad.  It must be something related to the audio settings he's using...

#5 2011-11-01 02:09:11

**_Boicpue_**

The main focus of Adobe

#6 2011-11-01 11:17:27

**_anhyzer_**

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner... the issue is almost certainly that the Connect room is set to use the Speex codec for audio. The default audio codec (Nellymoser) works for all clients, but I've found that iOS clients do not receive the audio when the room uses the Speex codec (presumably because the mobile app does not include the Speex codec).

Meeting hosts can see the audio settings at Meeting menu -> Preferences -> Audio.

--Chris

#7 2011-11-01 14:05:56

**_csoto_**

Yes, it looks like anhyzer is right.  We were able to fire up a meeting room on our own server and audio worked very well.  In fact, I think the iOS App is my favorite client!

Thanks again!  We'll be sure to include this tidbit in our own notes to faculty and presenters.

#8 2011-12-07 12:17:28

**_anhyzer_**

It looks like the latest version of Connect Mobile app for iOS (version 1.7.5) supports SPEEX so the problem discussed in this thread is no longer an issue.

Board footer