Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-02 16:12:20

**_jmostoller_**

Duplicate event feature results in error message.

I get the following message when trying to duplicate an existing event:

"This login is already in use. Please choose another login."

The event is subsequently duplicated but much of the functionality is stripped and the settings have not been carried over.

This is extremely FRUSTRATING since I have many events that recur monthly. Of course, a recurring event feature would solve all of this, but since that doesn't exist I'd like to use the duplicate feature.

Please please please tell me you've found a way around this.

#2 2011-11-09 12:25:30

**_oztin_**

Re: Duplicate event feature results in error message.

I have had this problem too.  I think I figured out that the problem was that the system was still doing some work on the original event that I was trying to copy.  If you wait a few minutes it seems to work correctly.  No promises though.  Watch the copy function though.  I have had the system duplicate registration pages/links instead of creating new ones for the copy.  Then when the attendees try to attend the even they are directed to the wrong place.  Check all the links and make sure they are each unique before publishing anything or sending out any email invitations.

#3 2011-12-04 12:30:17

**_psanders_**

Re: Duplicate event feature results in error message.

I too have gotten this error.  I'm in the process of creating many events and noticed that I can only copy an event once.  If i try to copy from the same event, I get the error.  Also, be careful - because the new event that creates but with errors can not be updated, when you try to delete it, ensure you are only deleting the bad event.  I noticed a couple of times that it listed the original event I was copying from in the list to delete. 

It seems the duplicate/copy feature is trying to give the new event the same information it assigned to the previously created event via duplicate. 

Adobe - PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Board footer