Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-08 13:01:47

**_jameslloyd_**

Meeting Recording placed in curriculum - Content does not load

Hi Folks,

We have been getting more reports from our learners that meeting recordings that we have put into a curriculum do not load content such as converted .ppt slides & uploaded .swf files.

It appears to be that when viewing a recording as content in a curriculum there is a server interruption at the time of loading associated with putting playback in 'review mode'.

At first I thought this was because the recordings were made 'required' parts of the curriculum, but we have also noticed this for recordings that are optional.  We do usually try to make recordings optional, but have forgotten this setting from time to time.

So has anyone else experience this?  We are hosted at acrobat.com and so cannot make any server changes.

I am also opening a support ticket with Adobe, but that will take much longer to get an answer than I might get here.

thanks
-
james

#2 2009-01-09 12:51:52

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Meeting Recording placed in curriculum - Content does not load

Ok - wow, Adobe support was great today.  It took 50 minutes but AJ was really diligent and got it solved.

Turns out that I did not have permissions set properly on the content library for the recordings.  It took a while for me to be convinced because portions of the recording were working great (camera/voice pod, chat, attendee list, note pod).  But sure enough, we need to match the permissions in the content folders to those enrolled in the curriculum using the recording.

I can't find this documented anywhere, and I've not encountered this as a problem before so maybe something in the background changed with the SP1 update?  Anyway, permissions set and now learners are happily catching up on their missed meetings.

Thanks Adobe & AJ
-
james

#3 2010-12-27 13:38:31

**_jcooper9099_**

Ok. How should i go about this with a curriculum that has 1000+ users enrolled. I can't justify an acl for 1000+ users who can register by themselves, as the list grows every minute.

#4 2011-12-02 12:16:31

**_dennis_**

Hello,

James, do you recall which settings needed to be adjusted?

I had this issue pop up today, and I found your post from 09. The recording loads, the audio loads, the chat windows load (and playback fine) but it is the share pod ppt content that does not...curiously the meeting timer (also in a share pod) does not display either.

Thoughts?

ACP 8 & Hosted

#5 2011-12-02 12:48:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Did you check your content permissions? The issue is likely that your PPT content is not set to publicly viewable, or viewable by those enrolled in the class. This is what may prevent people from viewing the content (PPT, SWF, etc.).

#6 2011-12-02 13:02:03

**_jcooper9099_**

Interesting, so you mean the content that was uploaded into the meeting room orginally should have permissions set on it? I Imagine that the content should then be in the uploaded documents section. I'll check it out. Thank You!

#7 2011-12-02 13:14:29

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If it is uploaded to the room, then the permissions are the same as the room. So if the room is public, then so is the content. You can always move the uploaded objects to the Content Library, and then customize the permissions.

#8 2011-12-02 16:21:09

**_dennis_**

Hello,

Thank you!

I have been playing with these settings trying to get this to work and would like your thoughts about:

Does the location of the recording itself matter here?
         - I moved the recording to be part of a curriculum

The offending content is accessible by some but not others?

The content was added directly to the room (which is set to be open to any who have the link) at the time of the recording...yet the content comes up for me, as well as the dummy ID I used to test it (on a seperate machine) but other users I have had test it today see either the spinning adobe presenter load icon, or nothing but black screen.

Thoughts?

#9 2011-12-02 16:36:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The location of the recording only matters in that it must be in the Content Library to have a duplicate version made into a course. I don't believe you could make a course from a Recording in the Recordings folder of a Meeting. Since the Course version of the Recording is ultimately a second version of the recording, the location of the original is not terribly important.

If the content is only viewable by some (as the course and through the direct link to the content), then I would try moving it to the Content library and making it publicly viewable there. You just have more control over the object and it's permissions if it is in the Content Library.

Board footer