Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-01 03:29:15

**_toranvik_**

AC and Windows Mobile 7.5 Mango

We are using AC for video conferencing and now want to try out solutions making it possible to attend as a participant and even as a host via mobile phone netwrks.
So far we have tried the new AC Mobile versions on an android  pad, on ipad and on iphone 4 - and they all work beautifully for one-way use - ie receiving video and sharing screen from a meeting.
When we broadcast live video FROM these mobile platforms, the video quality is not very good, and will probably be so annoying that we will not use them for this purpose.
We are aware that there is a mobile app for Blackburries as well, but suspect that this will not give better video results.
What we would like to know is whether  AC works on a mobile platform using Windows Mobile 7.5. Mango (i.e. HTC Titan or Samsung Omnia W)? And will it do so on the upcoming Windows Mobile 8?
Yours Tor Anvik

#2 2011-11-01 10:36:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: AC and Windows Mobile 7.5 Mango

The biggest reason that I have seen poor video quality from mobile devices, is the mobile network. 3G can get the job done, but you have to sacrifice a significant amount of quality just to get the video streamed. 4G is better, but you will see the best performance from a mobile device if you are on a wireless network that isn't saturated (I'd avoid coffee shops and airports as they will have a heavily used wireless network).

AC should work on any Windows platform as Flash is supported and all you would need is a web browser with Flash installed.

#3 2011-11-02 03:40:08

**_toranvik_**

Thank you Jorma.
We actually tested AC on Android and IOS platforms using a WiFi, and discovered that the use of a small and cheap laptop with built-in mic and camera and running Windows XP was able to send video of much better quality, using the same WiFi connection.
We are (painfully) aware that IOS does not support Flash, but the mobile app for AC on IOS obviously has overcome this.
Does the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango handle Flash and video in the same way as Windows for ps's?
Tor

#4 2011-11-23 14:08:35

**_heywardjr_**

No, Windows Mobile is not supported. Flash ha sbeen discontinued for development for mobile devices. I'll need to check if there will be a Connect Mobile for Windows Phone. So, far to date no because of market share numbers being so very low.

Board footer