Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-02-12 17:39:24

**_Alan_**

Pasword Protecting Recorded Meeting

Would like to have recordings of meetings available to client. Don't want public viewing and certainly do not want to give them my passwords. How Pwd protect with a number that works only for that specific URL?

#2 2008-02-13 10:56:36

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Pasword Protecting Recorded Meeting

Hi Alan,

I create generic users for this purpose. 

For example, if you wanted to password protect something for other members of this forum, create an account named 'connectusers' and provide it and its password to the group.

#3 2008-02-13 12:40:10

alistairlee

I'm pretty sure that creating a generic users violates the EULA.  There's no limit on how often you change your users though, so you could give them a username and password which you in turn delete after they've viewed the content.

Though it won't password protect the content, another option might be to have Connect generate custom URL's for each user - this way, you can keep the content publicly accessible, but track who's accessed it.  This option is available under the "Email Link" screen of a recording.  You can add several email addresses to the "To" line and it will send out a unique link to each recipient.

uniquelink.png

#4 2008-02-21 19:55:36

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Violates the EULA? Really?  I recommend this all the time?! I'm going to have to look at the EULA again for sure.

#5 2008-02-27 14:29:31

**_jameslloyd_**

Interesting idea - wonder if I'll get busted.

I've read the EULA mostly in regards to the training component and as pertains to training, a generic account is useless, but I can sure see how it could be abused.

Is the generic account I created for Adobe support techs also in violation...

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-02-27 14:31:01)

Board footer