Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-11 17:17:19

**_ACIPET_**

Cant connect to the configuration console

Hi

I've installed my AC server but when I try to connect to the configuration console it shows this error:

HTTP Status 500

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
    com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:197)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.29 logs.

I checked the services and when the system is restarted the services:

Adobe connect Presenter
Adobe connect service
Flash media administration server
Flash media gateway
Flash media server

aren't running (BTW those are the only services I've seen related to AC).

I started them all but I am still having the same error.

I am running:

AC 8, MS server 2008, MS SQL 2008 and no other services.

Thanks for reading and thanks a lot if you can help me!

PD:
This is a fragment of my breeze.log I've already changed the backup folder to a local HDD but there is no change.

[11-11 10:44:13] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) Exception occurred in startup.
[11-11 10:44:13] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) invalid backup folder: \\PDCACIPET2\VIDEOCONFERENCIAS
java.lang.Exception: invalid backup folder: \\PDCACIPET2\VIDEOCONFERENCIAS
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.content.BackupManager.validateOrInit(BackupManager.java:63)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.ConfigProperty.assignValues(ConfigProperty.java:628)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.ConfigProperty.reloadProperty(ConfigProperty.java:1651)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.ConfigProperty.loadProperty(ConfigProperty.java:1536)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.Main.loadApplicationConfiguration(Main.java:387)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.Main.bootStrap(Main.java:206)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.InstanceManager.startup(InstanceManager.java:33)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.main.InstanceManager.startupBreeze(InstanceManager.java:54)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:115)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:435)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:903)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:817)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:637)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:563)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:498)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
    at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperStartStopApp.run(WrapperStartStopApp.java:243)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

[11-11 10:44:13] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) invalid backup folder: \\PDCACIPET2\VIDEOCONFERENCIAS
[11-11 10:49:36] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) ##### Breeze Service termination requested.
[11-11 10:49:36] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) ##### Breeze Shutdown Cleanup
[11-11 10:50:23] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) Exception occurred in startup.
[11-11 10:50:23] WrapperStartStopAppMain (c) invalid backup folder: \\PDCACIPET2\VIDEOCONFERENCIAS
java.lang.Exception: invalid backup folder: \\PDCACIPET2\VIDEOCONFERENCIAS

Thanks again

#2 2011-11-11 17:41:02

**_TrevorMartin_**

Re: Cant connect to the configuration console

Did you restart the services after making the config changes? Also, make sure the MSSQL service is started. Connect will fail miserably if it has no connection to the database.

Adobe Connect Service
Flash Media Server
MSSQL

are the 3 main services for Connect to work, particularly the console on the server.

#3 2011-11-11 18:00:17

**_ACIPET_**

@TrevorMartin
Thanks for your anwer
Yes
Adobe Connect Service
Flash Media Server
MSSQL
are running
the problem is that the AC is not responding it shows this error:
type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
    com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:197)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.29 logs.

I wanted to go to the console because i want to change the server port from 80 to any other; this is because during the installation procces i recieve a warning about the port 80 it is suposed to be already in use, but i looked up for services running on it but there is no one.

Thanks once again

Last edited by **_ACIPET_** (2011-11-11 18:02:05)

#4 2011-11-11 18:18:50

**_TrevorMartin_**

If you do a "netstat -a", does something show up using port 80? Also, you can edit the port # in the config as well as the DB (if you're SQL savvy)

Board footer