Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-01-31 18:13:58

**_jameslloyd_**

PROPOSAL - Area of ConnectUsers for server status

Hey,

We just cancelled a meeting today with the strangest symptoms - good connectivity with chat and images, but Camera and Voice frozen, or sometimes would come through :30 to :60 seconds delayed.

It would be great if we had an area here where we could see if other USERS were experiencing problems in real-time.  It seems to me that my problem today was Adobe, but confirmation from other users would be be compelling.

#2 2008-02-06 12:33:15

**_ericlerner_**

Re: PROPOSAL - Area of ConnectUsers for server status

Hi James

An interesting idea. I'm assuming you already know about this page:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/acrobatcon … rverStatus

-Eric

#3 2008-02-08 11:52:01

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks Eric - I remember there being a page like that, but hadn't accessed it recently.

What was VERY odd about this last occurence - it was only the Seminar room that was having the problem.  I opened a regular Connect meeting room at the same time in which the voice and camera were working fine.  I returned to the Seminar room and it still had a :30 to :60 second delay of small bits of video and audio!  I'm trying to get the Adobe support person to look into this, but based on experience I know that's not going to be productive.

As usual, I need to tell my clients that this product is not 100% reliable and we just happened to be unlucky that day. 

Still hard to run a business in that model - we had over 30 people involved who get paid well over $40/hour - which is an expensive failure.

#4 2008-02-21 19:56:55

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

is that THE eric lerner? :)

Board footer