Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-05 14:16:28

**_emundis_**

SQL Server Spiking

I am new here and hoping someone can help me.  The last two months towards the beginning of the month (oddly enough the first Tuesday of the month) our Adobe Connect SQL box has been maxed out.  The CPU usage will just randomly spike to 97-99 % usage for no reason.  I've checked with the DB guys and none of them can find out what is causing this.

Has anyone else had this and if so what was done to cure it?

Thanks

#2 2010-10-05 14:49:54

**_tlchurch_**

Re: SQL Server Spiking

I would look to see if any processes are scheduled to run at that time - virus scan, system backups, etc.

#3 2010-10-05 15:36:36

**_emundis_**

There is no AV installed on the box.

#4 2011-09-06 15:47:19

**_TrevorMartin_**

Have your Windows performance monitor run a day or so before it spikes then check the logs after.

#5 2011-10-14 17:35:34

**_heywardjr_**

Are your db folks doing standard SQL maintenance such as defragmentation, growing the log files, making sure the db empty space is kept around 30% as the optimum for Connect, etc.  Could be heavy defragmentation going on.

#6 2011-11-01 11:28:43

**_anhyzer_**

Is there a white paper or KB entry discussing suggested DB settings and maintenance for Connect? I don't have ready access to "DB guys", so I'd gladly take pointers to any available documentation for managing the Connect DB.

Thanks.
--Chris

#7 2011-11-09 16:33:15

**_aaron_schuyler_**

Is it possible that someone's trying to run a report on an event in Connect on the first Tuesday of the month? We've got an event that's had 63,000 attendees (over two years or so) and when a user pulls the "Report>>byAttendees>>" it can choke our SQL servers (not very efficiently designed query). Also, it gets worse when they hit the unresponsive button repeatedly...

Board footer