Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-09-30 16:13:22

alistairlee

Adobe Connect 8.2 is now available

Adobe Connect 8.2 is now available for on-premise and managed services customers.  Hosted customers will be upgraded based on the migration schedule which you can find here.

In addition to bug fixes, 8.2 includes a few new features such as:
- Customizable display of attendee information
- In-product notification enhancements
- Ubuntu Linux 64-bit add-in

For more details, check out the Adobe Connect Blog.

#2 2011-10-03 10:50:14

**_JTW_Jr_**

Re: Adobe Connect 8.2 is now available

pertaining to the Customizable display of attendee information , the only fields that I see displayed there are First Name and Last Name.

Is there someplace else that this information must be configured before it will be populated and can be used as a customized field ?

#3 2011-10-04 04:42:15

**_Connect_User_**

We currently have AC 8.1.2 running. Just wanted to know if there are any issues encountered in upgrading AC 8.1.2 to AC 8.2 ? Or anything to take care of in particular ?

#4 2011-10-16 12:49:34

**_heywardjr_**

The admin needs to add fields to the user information page and those fields are then added to the Adobe Connect room preferences.

#5 2011-10-17 07:18:44

**_Purnima_**

JTW_Jr wrote:

pertaining to the Customizable display of attendee information , the only fields that I see displayed there are First Name and Last Name.

Is there someplace else that this information must be configured before it will be populated and can be used as a customized field ?

Go to Administrator -> user and group -> Customize user profile and add fields. Save and populate with relevant information.

Launch the meeting , in preferences you should be able to see new fields.

HiH

#6 2011-10-18 10:24:03

**_JTW_Jr_**

I have tried that , however when I launch the meeting and go into preferences - display name , select customize format , the displayed fields has First Name and Last Name , and the available fields area is still empty.

#7 2011-10-18 10:56:52

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I am seeing the same thing. 1st and last name are the only options I can get. I even made changes to the User account info and let the system sit over night.  I'll see if we can determine if this is a bug or a feature only available to licensed accounts.

#8 2011-10-19 17:01:01

**_JTW_Jr_**

After letting it sit for a night , only one of the fields I added ( Department ) shows up as an available field , suffix and a few others I added are not show. Some folks like myself prefer to use Jr. , Sr. , etc .

#9 2011-10-19 17:26:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Did you add predefined fields or custom fields to the user info. I only tried using custom fields.

I also wondered if it was a DB communications thing, which happens less often with the hosted environment, so waiting overnight it a good way to make sure that your changes did or did not have an effect.

#10 2011-10-20 05:10:17

**_k9williams_**

Is it right that notifications feature of 8.2 is only available to hosted customers? I have posted this on the forum elsewhere and that was the response someone had got from support. If this is the case that is quite disappointing...
Thanks
Kevan

#11 2011-11-11 19:52:41

**_heywardjr_**

Yes, for now the notifications feature is a hosted only feature. We have recommended that be changed. It's under review.

Board footer