Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-10-12 16:41:29

**_lbagley_**

Course Information - How to set the Duration

I have a hosted connect with the training Module.  We have created content with Captivate 5.

we publish the captivate files as lessons and then put the lessons together in a curriculum.

If you open the captivate lesson, the Table of contents shows the total duration for the presentation (captivate is able to calculate the duration)

I notice in the Connect Course Information, there is a place for 'Duration' , however I am not able to access that item.

For each of our lessons there is a dash mark next to the 'Duration'

How do I get Connect recognize the presentation duration that is already calculated in captivate

or

Is there a way for me to manually access and enter something in the Connect 'Duration' data field

#2 2011-10-14 17:21:34

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Course Information - How to set the Duration

lbagley
The duration time cannot be set for a course in the Connect Training Library. In fact it is not even supported for all types of content. The example you have is a Captivate presentation.
Duration shows how long a course will last if it is played from start to finish without pausing.  As far as I can tell it only seems to work with an Adobe Presentation, any other type of content will show a dash.

#3 2011-10-14 20:51:42

**_lbagley_**

Hi, thanks for the response.  Wouldn't a presentation created in adobe captivate count as an Adobe Presentation?  Our work-around was to add a slide to the beginning if each lesson/presentation informing the user/learner of the estimated time needed to complete the lesson.

#4 2011-10-17 15:50:50

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The name Adobe Presentation is in reference to an Adobe Presenter Presentation.

Your work around is a good one.

Board footer