Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-09-14 16:57:51

**_krishkal_**

New Android user seeking guidance

I installed the latest Adobe Connect Mobile on my Android Honeycomb tablet (ASUS). My assumption was that I can click on a link given to me in an email or calendar invite, and the system would launch the plug-in, like it does on my mac. Apparently not. When I click on the URL, it simply brings up the browser based version of the meeting.

OK, then my second attempt was to copy the URL in the clipboard, and attempt to paste it into the meeting URL field. That does not work either. A long press on the field does not bring up a "Paste" menu item.

So, the only way to launch this is to manually copy down the whole URL and type it in by hand into the Connect Mobile URL field?

I am sure I must be missing something obvious. Please help!

#2 2011-09-15 18:45:11

**_krishkal_**

Re: New Android user seeking guidance

From the lack of response, I assume that this is the state of the product? i.e., I have to write down the meeting URL and type it in by hand?

Is there any plan to at least support copy/paste into the URL text field? Without that, I am afraid this is pretty useless for me!

#3 2011-09-16 10:53:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When clicking on a link on my Android Droid X, the browser launches and goes to the log in screen. After I log in, I am prompted to decide on whether I want to launch the room in the browser or the Connect app.

#4 2011-10-04 14:40:42

**_praha_**

krishkal,

are you trying to connect to a hosted meeting (hosted by Adobe) or your own Connect meeting where you host the Connect server on premise? If it is the latter, what version of Connect server are you running?
If you were connecting to a meeting hosted on Adobe hosted environment, you should have been given an option if you want to use the Connect mobile app or browser, just like Jorma_at_RealEyes stated.

#5 2011-10-05 13:41:43

**_krishkal_**

It is hosted on adobeconnect.com. No option is given to use the Connect app; it is as if it were not even there.

#6 2011-10-05 16:44:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Have you tried removing and re-installing the app?

#7 2011-10-05 17:13:29

**_krishkal_**

Yes, I have done it several times now. I even uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Air, before reinstalling Adobe Connect, just for a good measure. When the meeting launches it says briefly "Adobe Connect not installed" or something like that (it flashes by briefly, so I am not sure of the wording). Also, if I go to the troubleshooting page, it always says that the plug-in is not installed, but then takes me to a page where there are only Windows and Mac plug-ins.

Anyone else using the ASUS Transformer or other Honeycomb 3.2 product successfully?

#8 2011-10-05 22:10:34

**_abbas_**

I just tried it on my Xoom (running 3.2) and it works as expected. I click on an Adobe Connect meeting link, it takes me to the usual login page, I enter as a guest or registered user, and I get a prompt to 'Open meeting in Adobe Connect Mobile' or 'Open meeting in browser'. I also see a "Check our troubleshooting page" for further assistance.

I'm using the stock Android browser. Any chance that you're using Dolphin HD or another browser as your default?

If I look at my settings, here's what I've got:
- cookies are turned on
- javascript is turned on (under Advanced)
- enable plug-ins is set to 'Always on'
- pop-up blocker is unchecked

If you've got the stock browser with default settings, and your FlashPlayer and Adobe Connect Mobile is up-to-date, then we may need to report this to the Connect Mobile team. Can you confirm the above first though, and then I'll get this looked at by our team?

--
abbas rizvi
senior solutions consultant | adobe connect
meet me here | read my blog | follow me on twitter

#9 2011-10-10 17:40:55

**_borcic_**

I'm using an Asus Transformer and I am able to select the option of launching the mobile app or running the meeting in the browser.

The browser on Android 3.x devices has an advanced setting that allows you to change the user agent string to make the device appear as an Android tablet, a desktop computer or an Android phone. If the browser is set to appear as a desktop computer, you will definitely see the behavior you are describing because the server believes you are running on a Linux based desktop computer.

From the browser, tap on the menu button in the top-right corner of the screen, then select "Settings". From there, tap on the "Advanced" tab, then scroll down to "User agent string". Tapping on this will display a dialog allowing you to select "Tablet", "Desktop" or "Mobile-phone".

Board footer