Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-01-31 09:34:11

**_barry.b_**

what type of licence - named or concurrent? (new install)

(I realise this depends on specific uses but I just finished writing up a "War and Peace" post with a pile of detail and lost it all on the submit with my session timing out)

but just generally speaking, what sort of Connect server licencing are people using? I could have our organisation needing Connect within weeks. I've been using it for a while now (Still call it Breeze accidently - old habits) but have not yet rolled out an installation.

our basic use case is small meetings: one staff member and up to 20 customers. Or a couple of staff members accross cities.

the local Connect rep keeps saying "Concurrent" but I'm having trouble seeing why. I'm thinking "Named" because it's similar to what people do already - book a conference room and get the keys (username/password) to let the customers in. So I'm thinking one way and being advised another.

it's a pity the server has to be installed with one or the other - not both.

additional:

if there are any fellow Adobe user group managers out there using Connect, what install type is that? we have a fixed login but can create as many meeting rooms as we need - even at the same time. named? concurrent?

any advice, experiances, corrections most welcome.

thanks
barry.b

Board footer