Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-01 09:37:20

**_mark2741_**

Connect 8 Training - Any Enhancements?

The preliminary info on Connect 8 that I've seen is limited to the Meetings module. I'm *hoping* that Connect 8 Training has been enhanced, but it doesn't sound like it.

Anyone know?

Also - when will the hosted accounts get upgraded to v8?

#2 2010-11-04 15:15:26

**_jdonaldson_**

Re: Connect 8 Training - Any Enhancements?

I too am interested in the training side of Connect 8. Everything I see is improvements on the meeting side of Connect.

#3 2010-11-05 15:04:18

**_Crozzer_**

Are there any enhancements to "training"? I've read all the reports and it seems very little if any work has been done. Very disappointing if thats the case because as this forum shows, a great deal of work still needs to be done to the "training" section in order to make Connect a truly awesome e-learning product. Whilst a great deal of work has been done to Captivate to make it the market leader in e-learning creation it seem both Presenter and Connect had been left behind. Having persuaded my company to invest in platinum support (which is also very disappointing) to obtain the upgrade, I have to question the wisdom of renewing next year if Adobe continue to shelve developments in "training". Time to look elswhere? :(

#4 2010-11-08 05:10:23

**_jessicaleahy_**

I haven't heard much updates about it. I'm still waiting for one.

#5 2010-11-09 15:58:14

**_mhazard_**

I haven't seen anything either.  I've commented on a few blog posts hoping that some light would be shed on the subject, but so far I've heard nothing.  Honestly, I'm surprised so little work was done on some of the more obvious problems with Connect (reporting, the entire Web app's interface, Web Services, etc). 

A desktop app to setup meetings isn't all that useful, and I'm not sure I'll ever use the new SDK (integrating twitter into a meeting is cool, I guess, but something I don't think many people will need to do).

Last edited by **_mhazard_** (2010-11-09 15:59:19)

#6 2010-11-10 20:56:59

**_jessicaleahy_**

I wonder when they will update it.

#7 2010-12-02 09:53:15

**_jdonaldson_**

I installed Connect 8 yesterday and noticed one thing right away. My training modules ran better than before on my older testing systems. It my be due to Connect now being AS 3 now and all of my training modules are AS 3. I noticed a 20 meg drop in memory usage for one of my animations in a module.

Has anyone one else noticed improved performance?

Last edited by **_jdonaldson_** (2010-12-02 09:53:36)

#8 2011-09-12 09:23:37

**_heywardjr_**

Connect 8 was focussed on the new UI developed using Flex. The focus was to improve the meeting interface and bring Connect into the Adobe family using the same development environment. AS3 was instrumental in eliminating lots of scripts. Now many functions are millions of times faster in the interface.

Future versions of Connect will focus on the elearning module. Stay tuned to future versions coming.

Board footer