Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-01-18 10:34:56

**_JeniQ_**

Screen Room Resolution

So, what exactly does this screen room resolution do? I wish there were some official Adobe documentation about it. As it is, I feel like we just need to test it to understand it, and I don't have the time.

Right now, I'm recommending my users use the 800x600 room screen resolution, even though most people here use a mininum of 1024x768 desktop resolution. The reason is that if you change the room screen resolution to 1024, it seems that you have less space for the off-stage area.

What's annoying to me is that when you change room screen resolution, the pods don't automatically resize to fit. I think that's by design, but I'm having a hard time articulating how that design is supposed to work.

So, can anyone explain this "feature" and make me love it?

Thanks!

#2 2008-01-22 11:46:39

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Screen Room Resolution

I have told the users that I train to stick with the 800 X 600 resolution for the room because it keeps the pods (and their associated text) easier to see and read. I have not found a good reason to re-size the room resolution despite using a monitor that is on a higher resolution.

As to the off-stage space, it seems like there is less, because the pods are smaller relative to your screen. The size of the off-stage area sizes automatically to fit the pods that are in it. If you want more off-stage real estate, then bring up more pods or drag the existing pods further to the right or down and the off-stage area will expand.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

Board footer