Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-15 10:04:27

**_heywardjr_**

Adobe Connect 8 Service Pack 1 Update 2: Critical Release information

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/911/cpsid_91151.html

Synopsis:

Adobe Connect 8 Service Pack 1 Update 2 includes the following:

Enables support for the latest version of Adobe Presenter (7.0.7)
Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 release adds support for Action Script 3 and provides improved integration with Adobe Captivate.
Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 also resolves an issue where Presentations uploaded in prior releases of Connect or Presenter would sometimes appear as black for participants.
Screen sharing performance improvements to reduce latency for participants
Bug fixes related to recording synchronization
System Requirements

For detailed System Requirements, please visit the Tech Spec page.

Adobe Connect Add-in

Adobe Connect 8 Service Pack 1 Update 2 will require a new Adobe Connect Add-in for meeting hosts and presenters on Windows and Linux.  If you are not managing a locked-down environment, and your users can self-update the Add-in, there is no action required to upgrade your hosted account.

If you are managing a locked-down desktop environment (organizations with private networks or locked-down environments with no external Internet access), you should plan to download the new Add-in and update your client machines in advance of Service Pack 1 Update 2. The new Add-in is backwards compatible, so you can install it in advance to prepare for Service Pack 1 Update 2.

#2 2011-09-01 09:48:59

**_staceykoz_**

Re: Adobe Connect 8 Service Pack 1 Update 2: Critical Release information

Since this service pack update, the adobe plug-in is not working properly and we are unable to launch a meeting after installing the plug-in which of course is necessary (reinstalling does not work nor does deleting the "bin" folder).  Tech support has been looking into this for me but no one has responded with a solution.  I'm curious if others have experienced this issue and been able to find a solution.

#3 2011-09-07 19:35:50

**_heywardjr_**

Are you using Mac OSX Lion? That is not supported yet...coming very soon.

If not then not sure as it is working fine for many people.

Did you delete your browser cache, you checked to make sure your Adobe Flash Player was updated as well?
Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome to see if it is a browser issue?

Please provide me the support ticket number and I'll look it up.

#4 2011-09-08 07:58:53

**_staceykoz_**

The case number is 0182603305.  So an update for you...apparently there is an issue with our network and your upgraded plug in.  I tested Adobe Connect on my home pc and was able to connect fine.  However, when I logged into the VPN on that same PC, I had the same issue.  I checked in with our IT department and they are not sure how to solve the problem on our end since the older plug-in was working fine...

At work I was on a PC running Windows XP, at home I was running Windows 7....

#5 2011-09-08 08:12:38

**_heywardjr_**

Thanks. I'll look it up. Yes, VPN's are always tricky so Support will need to determine how to configure that.

#6 2011-09-08 08:19:41

**_heywardjr_**

I SEE IN THE SUPPORT TICKET ON 9/2 THAT SUPPORT is having trouble logging in with the id and password you provided. Can you call back in or email the correct credentials and check to make sure they are correct?

I'd suggest taking this offline and let's handle this via my email address: hdrummon@adobe.com

Thanks.

#7 2011-09-17 04:47:11

**_heywardjr_**

This issue was resolved when the customer discovered a network security token had expired by coincidence. IT reissued a new one and traffic was allowed to continue. Adobe Connect is now working properly.

#8 2012-01-08 01:24:57

**_stunningdiamonds_**

thanks for the info

#9 2012-01-13 14:36:55

**_Giman_**

Board footer