Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-03 14:00:00

**_scott.brown_**

Unable to enter SMTP host name

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of configuring my Adobe Connect, which we are hosting ourselves. I have figured out most of the processes involved, but I am not able to get Adobe Connect to accept my SMTP server. I have tried many different naming conventions such as servername, servername.domain.com, domain/servername, ipaddress etc...

Has anyone else has this issue, or have any ideas why I am struggling with it?

Thanks!

Scott

#2 2007-12-03 19:42:26

**_michael_**

Re: Unable to enter SMTP host name

I would recommend trying to ping the mail server from the box you are installing Connect on to ensure it is accessible.  If it is, might you have an authentication requirement on the SMTP server?

#3 2007-12-04 06:34:43

**_scott.brown_**

Thank you Michael.

I finally got it. The host name needed to be in the mail.domain.com format. The documentation just asks for the host name of the computer hosting SMTP. Thanks again for your response.

-Scott

#4 2008-08-14 21:08:00

**_william_**

Do the "host name" need to be in the mail.domain.com? From the error it looks as though the issue is on the SMTP side, you should try another free smtp to test, like using rapidsmtp, you can use the smtp logs to find the answer.

#5 2011-04-27 11:13:44

**_farbod_**

michael wrote:

I would recommend trying to ping the mail server from the box you are installing Connect on to ensure it is accessible.  If it is, might you have an authentication requirement on the SMTP server?

hi

I can set up my local smtp server on AC correctly and it work great but I need set Gmail as my smtp server (smtp.gmail.com) after setting my gmail account in console an error tell me that server can not connect to smtp server!
I know that Gmail default port is not 25 but I don`t know what should I do to set gmail as my smtp server?
is there anybody to help me?

thanks

#6 2011-05-02 08:53:41

**_titae_**

Hi.

I

#7 2011-09-01 15:59:40

**_TrevorMartin_**

Depending on what mail system you have, the mail server probably has to allow your Connect server to send to external addresses. Ours requires an exception containing the Connect server's IP address to allow it to mail outside the company.

Board footer