Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-30 14:21:09

**_cmccreery_**

Universal Audio & PGi Clarification

Hello we recently purchased PGi Teleconferencing for use with our Hosted Adobe Connect. I'm still a bit confused as to how you configure this to use with Universal Audio since PGi NA is already listed as a provider in the Administration section. But when I start a meeting and then begin the audio for the meeting I only have 2 options either phone or computer? Any help would be great.

Thanks

#2 2011-08-30 14:37:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Universal Audio & PGi Clarification

If you are using the PGi integration (as you are) your attendees will either need to be on the phone with everyone, or they will not be a part of the conversation.

The Universal Voice tool is separate, but can be used with a PGi bridge. So, here's how you do it.

When you are logged in select My Profile > My Audio Providers > New Provider. Here you can put in a name (My Pgi UV, or something to your liking), any information you want displayed to people who are joining (the Dial-In Numbers option which is required to have at least one line), and then the steps to dial in. They should consist of the following for a PGi bridge:
- Conference Number - This is your toll free number to join the bridge
- Delay (ms) - put in a delay for your bridge to pick up and give it's greeting and instructions, maybe 5000 ms, or 5 seconds.
- DTMF - Fancy term for touch tones. Your participant pin, plus a '#' at the end should get you in.
- Delay (ms) - If you do a roll call put in another delay of 3-5 seconds (3000 to 5000 ms)
- DTMF - another '#' to get past the roll call feature.

Test your dial in steps and fix anything that needs to be modified. Select Save.

Then select My Audio Profiles > New Profile. Select your newly created UV bridge, and give it a name (possibly the same as what you called it before). Select Save.

Now when creating or editing a meeting room, you can select the UV option from your list of telephony tools associated to your account, and if you do the UV bridge, attendees will have the option to listen through the computer or the phone, assuming you have had the room dial into the phone bridge.

#3 2011-08-30 14:42:05

**_cmccreery_**

Thank you for the excellent response. So is the PGi NA that is under the providers in the administration section simple for integrated only? Can I configure it under the administration section to allow other users use the My Audio Profiles and enter the client ID, moderator/participant codes as well? Or should I have them each configure these separately in their accounts?

Thanks again.

#4 2011-08-30 14:56:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can create a PGi UV setup under the Adminstration tab (same steps) that would allow everyone to go into their own profile and associate your phone bridge to their account. You can also modify the conference number and pass code to be "Defined by Host" (selected from the Key/Number drop down menu. Then the users can put their own PGi information in there, thus reducing the chance of two people trying to use the same bridge at the same time.

But each user does need to tie the bridge to their account to assign it to a room. Once it is assigned to the room, any host of the room can use it.

#5 2011-08-30 14:59:10

**_cmccreery_**

When I define the code for the call should it always be a moderator code or a participant that Adobe Connect uses? What are the best practices for this usually?

#6 2011-08-30 15:06:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Use the participant code. Connect doesn't do anything other than listen and rebroadcast the audio. There is no host function for the room. Though ultimately, it probably doesn't make a difference with the Pgi bridge since you can have multiple hosts.

#7 2011-08-30 15:15:27

**_cmccreery_**

So when I'm using universal voice option will the system dial out to users or is that only when I'm using integrated solution on it's own?

#8 2011-08-30 15:23:09

alistairlee

Using the profile that Jorma suggested, Adobe Connect will not dial out to users.

If you'd like to turn on the ability to broadcast through VOIP using the fully integrated PGi adapter (which does dial out) you can also do that.  You'll need to give support a call and they can turn on that capability for you.  It should only take a minute and there's no charge.

It's off by default since turning it on will add an additional participant to your audio conference - potentially adding to the number of audio minutes being used.  In reality though, this will likely decrease your costs since participants can listen via their comptuers instead of dialing in.

The good news is that it's two way audio.  Anything someone says on the phone can be heard by the VOIP participants and vice versa.

#9 2011-08-30 15:28:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I didn't realize that we could have that turned back on!

Thanks Alistair!

#10 2011-08-30 15:35:47

**_cmccreery_**

Would this force me to use both voip and teleconference or just give me the option for each meeting we host?

Also if enabled, would the mp3 player broadcast sound to the teleconference participants as well?
Thank you so much

#11 2011-08-30 15:37:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It would give you the option to use them both, or just the phone.

I believe the mp3 audio would still only come through the computer, but it's worth testing.

#12 2011-08-31 10:58:18

**_cmccreery_**

Sorry do I need to contact Adobe or PGi support to get the fully integrated PGi adapter enabled?

Thanks again.

#13 2011-08-31 11:30:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Call Adobe Support 800-945-9120

Board footer