Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-11 12:55:12

**_stevewinkel_**

Scheduling Face-to-Face Training via Connect

Our company recently procured connect and I'm stoked about the product. One area (I feel) we were misled in is the ability to schedule and track face-to-face classroom training. We were told that this could easily be done using the "external training" within a curriculum, but alas we can't actually schedule a face-to-face training as there's no ability to track "time" and "location" of the session(s).

While we are experimenting with creative solutions, our ideal is to find a solution within Adobe Connect which allows us to schedule face-to-face training, have a set time and location defined within the system and (hopefully) send out an ical invite to those enrolled.

I am wondering if any of you have come up with any solutions (either using adobe connect as-built or custom solutions) which have allowed you to do this.

Please note: this is our company's first step *towards* an LMS - we do not have a true LMS, and I understand that we're trying to use Adobe Connect for something it is exactly built to do.

Look forward to your support!

#2 2011-07-12 12:36:54

**_stevewinkel_**

Re: Scheduling Face-to-Face Training via Connect

I think I figured out a way to schedule a face-to-face training using external training - I am trying to post a .ics (ical) file for a meeting/training on our intranet and then having a link to that file as the external training URL.

The problems I found:
1. It relies on the user/learner to first click on the link in the enrollment notice, log into connect and click on the OPEN symbol next to the related course in connect.
2. Once someone clicks on that external link is records status as "complete" in Adobe Connect
3. You can't assign a score, pass/fail, etc.
4. The .ics file opens as a pop-up in some applications which means some users may not get it efficiently due to blockers.

Any other ideas out there?

Board footer