Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-29 17:17:41

**_amers_**

spoofing e-mail

Hi,

Has anyone else have any issues with Adobe Connect trying to send out e-mail and having it bounce back as undelivered due to corporate policies on spoofing?

#2 2007-12-10 10:15:27

**_JeniQ_**

Re: spoofing e-mail

Relaying is not permitted in our mail system either. Note that if you send the invitation to other users besides yourself, the other users *will* get the message.

#3 2007-12-10 11:54:18

**_amers_**

My issue is not with the invitation per se, but with creating a new user.  I'd like to shut off the emails if possible.

#4 2007-12-10 13:40:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you create a new user you can un-check the box for sending them their username and password.

Jorma@RealEyes

#5 2007-12-10 13:41:49

**_amers_**

True, but most of our users do not know that and it'd be eaiser to turn it off server wide than to explain to people not to use it.

#6 2007-12-10 13:51:30

**_JeniQ_**

I'm confused. If you are adding people who are internal to your organization, the mail will be bounced. However, if you are adding people who are internal to your organization, wouldn't *you* be doing it? So, if my assumption is true, then you know both the problem and the solution. (And I'd suggest a bulk import if you can to save yourself time.)

Or, more likely, you have other users, not you, who are adding users so that they can log in and participate in meetings while logged in. If this assumption is true, these other users are adding users who are external to your organization. If that is the case, then these mails likely won't bounce.

If I've got it all wrong, you can just ignore me. :)

#7 2007-12-10 13:55:50

**_amers_**

We're adding internal users.  But, we're not hosting the meetings at the moment.  So, basically the emails are being sent outside of our organization and bouncing, due to spoofing.  If we hosted the meetings, I don't think it would be an issue.

#8 2007-12-10 14:26:51

**_JeniQ_**

It sounds like the mail you are seeing bounce is because of spoofing, not relaying, which is why our mail is getting bounced.

good luck

#9 2007-12-10 15:11:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I'm confused as to who is creating the users. This is an Admin function and it seems that you have many admins. If you have a licensed server, then there is the possibility that someone can get into the code of the program through the API and find a way to turn it off, but otherwise there is no way to change that box to unchecked by default.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#10 2007-12-10 16:40:38

**_amers_**

Yes, we do have a couple of admins.  I'd like to know how to change the code through the API, but I would think there would be some way to do this through the front end.  We can't be the only ones that have had this issue.

It seems like the email should be something that one could turn on or off or customize.

Board footer