Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-10 13:11:32

**_JeniQ_**

Premier Audio Moderator Question

This may not be an appropriate question for this forum, so my apologies in advance if this is the case. The question, at the bottom of this post, is about Premier Audio Conferencing moreso than Connect Pro.

We are switching from Live Meeting to Connect at the end of the year. Luckily, we use Premier as our audio conference provider so we're all set for this integration. Yay for us!

In the past, we've used the Premier web management console to manage audio during our meetings:
https://manage.mymeetingroom.com/Default.asp
With this web interface, we can easily see who's speaking or causing noise on the line, mute or unmute all, etc. It looks like similar capabilties exist in the Adobe Connect Pro room, with the exception of the Mute/Unmute All feature.

One trick we've used frequently is to have more than one moderator log into the audio conference. We do this by having the Connect HOST login with the Moderator Passcode (7 digits) and the Client ID. Then, the Connect PRESENTER(S) log in with the Moderator Passcode (7 digits) but no Client ID. Any Connect PARTICIPANTS log in with the Participant Passcode (6 digits). When we use the *6 to MUTE ALL in the audio conference, any people who called in with the Moderator Passcode will not be muted. This makes it really easy to mute the whole conference without having to worry about finding the Presenter in the list and unmuting him.

My question is this - if you join the meeting and have the room call you, how does the audio conference know if you want to log in as a Participant or Moderator so we can continue to use Mute All but not have it affect the Presenters?

Thanks!!

#2 2007-12-10 13:36:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Premier Audio Moderator Question

The mute all function can be done by selecting everyone in the room and pressing the mute button.

When the room calls you, if you are a Host of the room, then you will be login as the Moderator. Everyone else will be participants.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-12-10 14:05:59

**_JeniQ_**

OK, so if we want to continue to take advantage of having multiple moderators in the call, here's how I think we could do this. What do you think?

The Host logs into the ACP meeting. The meeting calls the host and that person is now the Moderator of the audio bridge plus the Host of the meeting.

The Presenter logs into the ACP meeting. The "Call Me" box appears, but the Presenter closes it down and dials manually into the audio bridge, using the Moderator passcode. The Presenter is now in the meeting as a Presenter and shows up as an unknown caller in the Attendee list.

The Host merges the Presenter with the unknown caller so the Presenter is clearly identifiable.

Now, if I press *6, will the Mute All feature leave my Presenter alone, or will he be muted as well? And if I use Jorma's advice and select all the Participants at once, will the Presenter be muted as well? In fact, on that same note, do I get muted if I've selected myself? Which wins, the touchpad dial commands or the ACP room commands?

Huh, so many questions!

#4 2007-12-10 15:09:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Yes *6 will mute everyone on the call, whether they had the bridge call them or they dial themselves in.

When selecting multiple users you can select any number of users with Ctrl + click. All the selected users will be muted when selecting the Mute button, irregardless of their roll in the meeting room. The controls in the room, are part of the Premier Audio bridge, and work with it directly and with Connect indirectly.

I would venture to guess that your touchpad dial commands win, but I would suggest that you go to Premier with that question.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

Board footer