Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-04-28 14:21:51

**_Crawdaddye_**

Event Notifications - Spam Filters

A customer of mine sent me this email:

Our email filter is blocking your emails due a Japanese encoding being used in the body of the message. Looking in our logs, it appears to be related to your v-calendar event? I am whitelisting your address, but you may want to check into the reason behind this encoding within your emails.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone encountered this issue, and is there any work around?

FYI - This solution is on premise, but hosted by a 3rd party.

Thanks,

Erik

Last edited by **_Crawdaddye_** (2010-04-28 14:25:23)

#2 2010-04-28 14:41:32

**_mrock66_**

Re: Event Notifications - Spam Filters

Are they sending the emails from their mail server, but under your email address?

#3 2010-04-29 09:59:15

**_Crawdaddye_**

The emails that are being blocked are the automatic confirmations generated by the Connect server when a user registers for an event.  So yes they would most likely be from the Connect server at the third party location but from the event manager's email address.

#4 2010-04-29 12:06:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Yeah, there are a few issues with the auto generated emails from Connect.

First, is that it is a plain text email with an attachment. This is the #1 email type grabbed by spam filters. Drop the attachment and it has a better chance of getting through, though plain text emails are also often grabbed as spam as well.

Second, is that if you sending the email to your internal organization, many email systems are smart enough to know if they did or did not send that email. Since Connect show the email from you, that system may flag it as spam since it didn't send it.

So if you notifications are not getting through, then those may be the reasons.

#5 2010-04-29 14:36:45

**_mrock66_**

Also, if you are hosted Adobe has a new feature called "On behalf of" and will send from an Adobe email address, but on Behalf of you, making it less likely to get stuck in SPAM.

You can also contact Tier 2 to get a list of servers you can whitelist.

#6 2010-05-07 09:25:01

**_DaveG_**

Can someone please tell me where this "On Behalf Of" functionality can be set within a hosted account?

#7 2011-06-13 16:43:32

**_Toddmonster_**

I too wonder about this Send on Behalf of feature for hosted accounts. I called support and they indicated there is no such feature. Any help would be appreciated!

Board footer