Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-09-13 08:32:17

**_iangoh_**

Adobe Connect Mobile updated (finally) to v 1.0.1

Apple blinked, Adobe updates the app. 8-)

From the description...

What's New in Version 1.0.1 (Sept 10, 2010)

Resolved login issues, including ability to toggle use of SSL during login.
Added support for basic HTTP Authentication Single Sign On.
Added functionality for compliance notices. (YES!)
Added functionality for mobile users to request entry to blocked rooms.
Resolved issue with placing the meeting on hold.
Resolved issue with visibility of chat (and other) pods for mobile users when those pods are moved to the presenters-only area.
Improved performance of screen sharing.
Improved performance of FLV playback.
Resolved app instability issue when network connection is lost or changed.

#2 2010-09-13 08:42:25

**_mrock66_**

Re: Adobe Connect Mobile updated (finally) to v 1.0.1

Anyone try it on the iPad?

#3 2010-09-13 08:43:49

**_iangoh_**

It's still not universal app.

#4 2010-09-15 02:47:23

**_batkobiker_**

iangoh wrote:

Added support for basic HTTP Authentication Single Sign On.

Does anyone have any idea what is meant by HTTP Authentication SSO?
Is the application able to get the HTTP headers from browser?
On our servers SSO using header auth. is working for regular PC users, so it would be good if mobile app would work too.

I have tried the 1.0.1 version and If I just start the app and just type the url of a meeting, I don't get the option to use the SSO, because the login screen is different than the one I get if i open a browser.

If I open an url of a meeting into a browser on iPhone, I get the notice that I need flash 8+, and the app doesn't start.

#5 2010-09-15 10:48:28

**_freeman_**

iangoh wrote:

Resolved issue with visibility of chat (and other) pods for mobile users when those pods are moved to the presenters-only area.

Not quite.  Visitors can still log in and view the attendee list through chat, even with no chat pod active and the attendee list in the presenters-only area.   We need to keep our attendee list private.  Now the only way to do this is to not use the attendee pod anywhere.

iangoh wrote:

Added functionality for compliance notices.

Now that Adobe has removed our ability to block the app that way, is there any other way we can prevent users of the app from accessing our rooms?

#6 2010-09-16 16:35:06

**_pjones_**

Still only for live meetings? What about on demand content?

#7 2010-09-28 11:59:51

**_sschwar4_**

My company decided to start using Adobe Connect for training.  Works fine from Safari, but neither my iPad or iPhone can connect.  Just returns "login failure".

Pretty worthless solution, unless mobile connectivity is supported and works.

#8 2010-10-09 02:33:20

**_michel97moreno_**

Connect Pro Mobile was created using Flash, we will also be able to use the same code to deliver this application on AIR...

#9 2010-10-11 20:08:44

**_randahm_**

Updates have been made to the app again this fall, with version 1.0.2 now on iTunes, and another update coming soon. Many users who experienced issues connecting to a server in earlier versions have found they were resolved with the current release.

The Connect Mobile application is intended for use as an 'App' on Apple devices; not for use in the browser, which does not support Flash. Please install the app (free on iTunes) and try again if you were trying from a browser.

We do not yet have a version specifically designed for iPad, but this is planned for release in the new year. In the meantime you can attend meetings from the iPad in compatibility mode. Watch for iPad and other tablet updates next year.

#10 2010-10-11 21:15:06

**_jessicaleahy_**

I tried it on iPad. It doesn't work well.

#11 2010-10-25 10:17:47

**_randahm_**

Version 1.0.3 was released to the app store this weekend. Update your app when you get the chance.

And yes, this version is not yet optimized for iPad. It looks best in 1x mode for now, but we plan to release a version for iPad in the new year.

#12 2010-10-28 21:05:59

**_jessicaleahy_**

Now that's cool. I can't wait for next year. Thanks for the update.

#13 2011-01-19 07:29:31

**_wdavis_**

It's the new year and I'm enjoying trying out some of the new features of Connect 8.

What about the iPad app? Is there a planned deadline or a Beta version??

#14 2011-04-11 19:15:29

**_sarnold_**

randahm,

You mentioned within this thread of attending meetings from the iPad in compatibility mode.  Can you explain what that is?

#15 2011-04-28 16:22:22

**_jbvetter_**

randahm wrote:

We do not yet have a version specifically designed for iPad, but this is planned for release in the new year. In the meantime you can attend meetings from the iPad in compatibility mode. Watch for iPad and other tablet updates next year.

Randahm (or anyone else in the know) - Do you have any more sense of the timeline of when the iPad app for Adobe Connect will be released? With all the hoopla around AC apps for the Android and Blackberry tablets, it would be great to see a little Adobe love shine on the mother of all tablets--the iPad!

Thanks.

Jim

Last edited by **_jbvetter_** (2011-04-28 16:23:01)

#16 2011-04-29 10:19:34

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

As I understand it, the IOS apps are in the hands of the Apple approval process... so they are coming, but the time line is not strongly defined at this point.

#17 2011-05-07 13:54:41

**_praha_**

The latest Adobe Connect mobile for iOS is now available:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-co … mpt=uo%3D2

-minh

#18 2011-05-07 14:56:10

**_jbvetter_**

Thanks, Praha. I just downloaded the new Adobe Connect Moble on my iPad. It's extremely well done. The app brings virtually all of the features of the Adobe Connect meeting to the iPad in a very user-friendly way. Congratulations and thanks the developers who worked on this!

Board footer