Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-13 09:20:15

**_chungs_**

Audio, video, lagging and kicking issues...

Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problems that we are experiencing with our hosted AdobeConnect system..

Our clients would run into audio problems, video problems, have serious lagging issues or sometime getting kicked off the system.

Most of our clients are on either DSL or Cable Internet. Their point of view is that these issues started happening since Adobe Connect was upgraded to 8 and it wasn't like this back in the 7.5 days.

Thank you,

#2 2011-04-13 11:20:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Audio, video, lagging and kicking issues...

I would take the video settings down to the lowest available (better than the best setting in Connect 7.5) and put the room to the DSL/Cable bandwidth setting. If either or both of those solve the problem, then it was a bandwidth limitation issue you were up against.  The video quality has improved, but at a cost of additional bandwidth consumption.

Even if users are on good internet connections, if it is a shared connection, they may have serious limitations and IT may have protocols to watch for streaming activities and throttle them down or block them if they exceed certain parameters.

#3 2011-04-13 11:31:24

**_chungs_**

Thanks Jorma, we have tried that, actually, it took Adobe Enterprise Support 3 weeks of analysis before they brought that up. It wasn't affecting our session from that, it seems. Since our clients are usually on their Own ISPs.

Our internal IT networks was preset to allow AC packets as priority packets in and out of the network... so, I think QoS is not an issue....

#4 2011-04-18 11:39:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

hm, there should be a log on the server, after you see this problem, that Tier 3 support should be able to grab and get more info on why the users are seeing connectivity issues.

If it happens to everyone, then it is likely a problem on the Adobe side, though if it is only for specific users, you may want to see what they have in common, and see if the problem lies there. The logs will give any information that Connect has, though if the individuals had connectivity issues on there end, Connect may not have much info.

#5 2011-04-18 11:42:48

**_chungs_**

thanks. I'll see if I can get a hold of anyone in Tier 3..... Adobe support so far, is the worst I've seen... even worst than blackboard....

#6 2011-04-18 15:30:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Well, sometimes the best method is to be insistent. I know a few people from Adobe Support help out here, so maybe they can chime in...

#7 2011-11-12 08:09:06

**_victorsimon_**

To resolve issues coming in adobe connect,  install the Collaboration Builder MXP plug-in for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional software. The Collaboration Builder software development kit (SDK) system requirs the same as for Flash CS4 Professional.
Then Compile Collaboration Builder applications for Flash Player 7..as it never test versions of the operating system or Microsoft SQL Server...hope this will help you.

Managed Hosting Providers

Board footer