Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-02-24 17:33:04

**_aaron_schuyler_**

First Impressions?

Has anyone else tried the new iPhone app? What have your experiences been?

#2 2010-02-25 00:18:26

**_modius_**

Re: First Impressions?

I was excited to download and try it out.  It's seems to be very buggy.

Tried it on my pacific.adobe.acrobat.com which didn't work at all, and then my experts.acrobat.com account which worked, but had no audio.  Both accounts worked fine from my MacBook hanging off the exact same WIFI connection.  Is there a minimum server version we need to be looking out for?

Not sure why the audio was cactus, a friend of mine in the same room could hear audio but it was very choppy.

Some feedback for the developers:
- it's very fiddly trying to login -- URL appears to have to have http:// prefixed but nothing says so , and when I got network error i had to just guess that might be an issue; at least validate the url entry
- nominate the keyboard layout that has .com as a button; typing urls from the standard iphone keyboard layout is painful
- to get back to the screen to reset the room address, you have to close and reopen the app -- please add a button to change room address
- would be nice to have a list of saved rooms that I can go back to
- when logging in as a guest, i went to log back in with a different name (hit iphone home and reopened app) but it appears to cache the first name entered.  I could only change name once i changed rooms.

Got a lot of potential -- but my initial experience wasn't great :(

Keep working on it!

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

#3 2010-03-02 09:27:28

**_Games_**

Well, I've read that Connect Pro Mobile was built using Flash Professional CS5 beta and published as a native iPhone application.

Considering Adobe decided not to release a public beta of Adobe Flash Professional CS5 in reaction to this strong positive feedback <- these were their words, oh yeah, we believe that :)

I think real reason = bugs. It

#4 2010-03-18 07:22:59

**_tkalikajaros_**

Got excited but just cannot get past "Can't connect to a meeting server." Read through Quick Reference Guide for clues and aside from the confusion with url entry there really is nothing for me to screw up :)

Test connections were to meeting space with University server and to meeting space in Acrobat.Com.

#5 2010-03-19 10:43:31

**_christo_**

Looking forward to it working on my Iphone.

got the entered room does not exist message, too.

I'm hosting the meeting on my laptop - so I know it exists.

not sure how much of a power point presentation I'd be able to see on it anyway...

I'll check back in a month or so and see if it starts working.

#6 2010-03-20 09:00:50

**_mrock66_**

Works great for myself, very basic, but gets the job done!  If it doesn't work for you make sure your compliance and control settings don't have a notification setup before entering a meeting room.

#7 2010-03-23 00:01:24

**_clovell02_**

I haven't had any problems with it, and really like being able to attend a meeting if I can't be in front of my computer.  So far the only limitations I found is AT&T's service reliability.  I also have found very few people actually know about it, so I think a little marketing around it would help adoption.

#8 2010-06-01 10:31:11

**_chachasocola_**

I also have found very few people actually know about it, so I think a little marketing around it would help adoption.

Keep working on it!

image hosting

Last edited by **_chachasocola_** (2010-06-01 10:32:25)

#9 2010-06-15 01:43:28

**_kbconn_**

it has very reduced functions and you can only participate via chat, at least i have not seen anything else. annoying if I want to log into the web manager interface the app starts although i do not want this.

kathrin

#10 2010-08-12 09:42:14

**_jessicaleahy_**

It's pretty basic and simple but I find its simplicity works rather well for me. It is true, by the way, that you have make sure that you set your notification setting before going to the meeting room.

#11 2010-10-11 20:00:22

**_randahm_**

Give it another try! We've updated the app this fall, and more updates are coming soon. Some issues you may have encountered with connectivity could have been resolved in recent bug fixes in the V 1.0.2 update, and we now support compliance notifications upon entry to meeting rooms.

Watch for more frequent updates this fall and in the new year.

Last edited by **_randahm_** (2010-10-11 20:02:46)

#12 2010-10-12 18:48:24

**_jessicaleahy_**

I had issues with it in the beginning. But, now its okay.:)

#13 2011-03-07 12:27:53

**_yiga194_**

Me too mine is now fine..i have been trying to figure it out..

Last edited by **_yiga194_** (2011-05-06 03:20:50)

#14 2011-03-30 10:33:46

**_Mopsinja_**

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab the front camera isn't initialized. The new Connect App takes the backside camera :-( Is there a way to change it?

Best regards
Andreas

Board footer