Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-24 12:49:04

**_katieclark82_**

Audio Problems

My co-worker and I are experiencing issues with the audio on the meeting space. First, the speaker wouldn't pick up on the meeting space (no green progress bar at the bottom, even though the "talk" button was on). I suggested him shutting down his computer completely and re-logging in. After he did this, his speaker worked...however, I couldn't hear him (and I sit about 100 feet away).

Wondering if this may have been a network/bandwidth issue on our end?

#2 2011-03-24 14:11:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Audio Problems

Most of the time it is a hardware configuration issue. For the Flash player to recognize the audio input/output device, your computer must recognize it first. So if you join into a Connect room and then plug in your headset, or mic, then the Flash Player, and thus Connect, may not recognize it. So by having the person close their Connect session and relaunch it, you should have cured that problem.

If you are still not able to hear them, then you should probably have them either go through the audio setup wizard or the Flash Player settings to validate that Connect is looking to the correct audio input device. If all goes well there, then I would double check that their mic didn't have a mute function that they had turned on. Assuming that you are still having problems, I would test the hardware on another computer, just to remove the variable of a computer issue. That should narrow it down to the computer or the headset/mic. From there try a different mic. If nothing works then I would probably talk to IT and see if they have done something to not allow the Mic to work, and would then reach out to Adobe Support last... Or feel free to let us know how it goes!

#3 2011-03-30 11:31:02

**_dhwalker_**

Those are good recommendations Jorma.
I would only add that sometimes even after doing all of that Connect still doesn't recognize the mic.
In Windows XP I have had success using the Sound Control Panel to reset the audio input device. Here is a Captivate demonstration of what to do: http://intesolv.acrobat.com/p12744627/
Windows 7 is different but actually easier, just go to the Sounds Control Panel and set your default input device. On the Mac I haven't a clue.

Hope this helps.

#4 2011-04-11 04:28:09

**_ssahai_**

Thats actually a good one dhwalker. I found out that same thing and it helps you when nothing else seems to work. Although i have seen this in cases where the Windows itself won't recognize my microphone ( mostly seen with mic). Good way to test it is to use the sound recorder and see if Windows recognized you microphone or does not. If it doesn't then even Connect can't. If it does then just re-entering the meeting and running the Audio Wizard can solve majority of problems.

#5 2011-06-13 13:18:59

**_BethAnne99_**

But what if you have reset my audio input device and run the setup wizard, everything during setup went alright and the no audio issue persists? I am at a loss on how to fix this. I've called Adobe support and they suggested I buy a new headset. I did that (and configured that as well) but still no one can hear me. What now?

#6 2012-10-10 09:41:47

**_AnnapolisKen_**

This is a persistent issue for us and our users too.

A headset mic will work in the control panel and other applications (Windows 7), but will not work in Adobe Connect. We have tried closing all browsers, going to the Flash settings in the control panel and deleting all saved data, and beginning again.

This has been happening on several machines, both using Windows 7 and XP. No other sound applications were open.

#7 2012-10-10 10:55:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Are you and your users using the Connect add-in?

Board footer