Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-02 09:16:41

**_gmorgan_**

Account Segmentation Question

Is it possible to segment specific user groups within an account so that the individual users and group administrator would only have access to the meetings and content for their specific group?
Is there a third party application that can facilitate this?
Any help or advice would be appreciated. 
Cheers

#2 2009-04-02 17:55:40

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Account Segmentation Question

This can be done in Connect. It all comes down to setting appropriate permissions on the folder structure in Connect. You can make the Shared Meetings Folder viewable by all Meeting Hosts (or other groups) and then create a folder structure within the Shared Meetings folder with more limited permissions to each sub folder.

This can also be done with the Shared Content folder.

Administrators have no closed doors to them in the Connect system. However, a "Group Administrator" could be set up to have permissions within the folder structure as well.

#3 2009-04-06 13:06:20

**_gmorgan_**

Thanks for your help Jorma, when you refer to a "Group Administrator" what permissions are available within the folder structure?  Specifically I was trying to set up limited administrators within the group folders that would be able to perform admin duties.  is there any documentation that outlines this?

#4 2009-04-13 12:47:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I was using your term of group admin. You can set up any admin group to manage the users appropriately. The Limited Admin group has their own settings for permissions in the Admin > Users and Groups.

I don't know of any documentation on this, you may just need to do some trial and error.

I'll describe it as best I can:

Shared Content (Publicly viewable) > Sub Folder 1 (Manage Permissions for Group A and B) > Sub Folder 1a (Manage Permsissions for Group A)
                                                        > Sub Folder 2 (Manage Permissions for Group C, View Permissions for group D) >  Sub Folder 2a (Manage Permissions for Group C)

In this basic example you set the Parent folder (Shared Content) to open viewing and then set the permissions to more restrictive as they move down through the sub folders.

Let me know if that helps.

#5 2011-03-16 19:47:17

**_carhire0392_**

This can be done in Connect. This can also be done with the Shared Content folder.

Car Hire Alicante

Board footer