Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-14 03:44:32

**_ricky0416_**

Using Adobe Connect for Tutoring Business

Hello,

I will be starting an online tutoring business, and i would like to use Adobe Connect as the platform for tutoring service.  I would like what are the difference between using Adobe Connect (Enterprise) or Adobe Connect  (Individual).  I would like to input my company's logo in the Adobe Connect, but all i really need for my business is the webcam and whiteboard interface. 

In addition,will there be legal problmes if i use Adobe Connect Individual  for my business?

Your comments will be much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

#2 2011-03-14 11:06:02

**_mrock66_**

Re: Using Adobe Connect for Tutoring Business

Enterprise allows you to add logos, and to secure your meeting room.  It has a minimum of 5 Meeting Hosts.

Individual is 1 Meeting Host purchased online without SSL, customizations, and no minimum.

#3 2011-03-14 22:16:08

**_ricky0416_**

Thank you for your prompt reponse. 

I have  tried contacting Adobe for the price for Adobe Enterprise, but i still have not heard anything about it.  Would you have any information on the price for Adobe Enterprise?  My tutoring business is just at it's start, so it is not necessary to have my own logo and details as offered from Enterprise, but it would be preferable if the cost between individual and Enterprise is small.  All i need for my business are the essentials, like webcam conferencing, whiteboards, and audio functions.

Regarding the legal issue, will there be problem to use Adobe connect Individual for my business?

Thanks again.

#4 2011-03-15 12:08:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you reference the Individual account, are you referring to the Monthly account option or something else? If you are using the Monthly account, there is no issue with using it for business purposes. However you do lose a fair bit of the luxuries that come with the enterprise account, such as customization/branding, custom URL, and better back end management.

Costs are going to be pretty straight forward, though the enterprise purchase will have a different license minimum, as Matt stated, and is an annual purchase, instead of a monthly purchase.

#5 2011-03-16 22:17:50

**_ricky0416_**

As our business is just at start-up as this moment, we plan to use the Adobe Individual monthly plan to start instead of jumping into the Entreprise version.   Are you guys using the Entreprise version, would you mind advise me the cost for the annual Entreprise version?

It is good to hear that there will not any legal issue with using the Adobe Individual monthly plan for my business.   Thanks for the help..

In addition to the legal issues, another problem we have encountered is the bad connection between students and teachers.  I tried adjusting the connection bandwidth.  Although it helped slightly, the connection can still be very poor.  Any advices or tips to get better and more stable connections?

Thank you very much,
Ricky

#6 2011-03-18 17:04:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Chances are connectivity issues on the Student or Instructor end. You could try putting the room connection speed to Cable/DSL and see if that helps, or to Modem if needed.

Otherwise, wired connections are always better than wireless. If either party is on a shared wireless or a mobile broadband connection, there will likely be problems with bandwidth constraints that limit what streaming information can be delivered.

#7 2011-03-18 17:11:42

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Hi ricky0416,
I sent you an email, so please feel free to respond at your convenience.
Thanks,
Jeff

Board footer