Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-01 14:21:13

**_LWotring_**

Closing Window at end of Connect Training

Has anyone figured out how to close the Connect window via a PPT button at the end of the training?  I don't want to count on my users having to click the x to close the window.

I tried putting a button in the PPT on the last page and putting the javascript close window command it.  It appeared to work but when published to the Connect server and clicked, it flickers the screen but doesn't close the window.

I have an HTML page calling 4 trainings.  I'd like to return the user to that page so they can elect to continue with the other trainings OR return to it later.

Thanks!

#2 2007-10-11 12:23:14

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Closing Window at end of Connect Training

Nope, we have the course content and narrator tell them:

"You may now close this window" and trust that they can figur't out.

#3 2007-10-30 10:58:48

**_aaron_schuyler_**

Re: Closing Window at end of Connect Training

We use:

session.onRelease = function() {
    getURL("INSERT THE URL FOR THE NEXT SESSION OF TRAINING");

}

homePage.onRelease = function() {
    getURL("INSERT THE URL FOR THE TRAINING STATUS PAGE THEY CAME FROM", "_parent");
    getURL("javascript:window.close();", "_self")

this will either take them to the next session of this training directly when clicking on the object named session, or take them back to the page on which they can see scores and progress for their training within this curriculum when clicking "home page" (also closes the current window).

You can probably use that ("javascript:window.close();", "_self") to get what you want done...

Modify and enjoy,
Aaron

Board footer