Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-02-24 14:36:29

**_bhalbmaier_**

Considering Adobe Training - need advice

I'm looking at adopting Adobe Training and using it as our LMS for online and classroom training.  I'm more of a user than a technical expert.  Saying that, can any of you provide guidance on requirements for determining how many people are needed to administer this as an LMS system within a company?

Thanks for your feedback.

#2 2010-02-24 16:26:06

**_mark2741_**

Re: Considering Adobe Training - need advice

I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle. I suggest you define your functionality/reporting requirements first, and then decide whether Connect Training fits.

Connect Training is not a standards-compliant (i.e., SCORM conformant) and at best is a simple LCMS. Connect Pro is a great tool for live virtual meetings/training, and Connect Training does the asyncrhonous powerpoint-to-flash thing with basic tracking (but poor reporting).

But that is not an LMS...

#3 2010-02-24 18:06:47

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Very true mark7241, and well put.

As an instructor and reseller of Connect Pro, I am very up front with potential clients when I tell them that Connect Pro is not a full blown LMS, but more of a lightweight LMS at best. Connect Pro never has positioned itself as an LMS, as the Training Module is an option on a deployment, not a requirement.

If Connect Pro was a full blown LMS, it certainly would not integrate with competing, full blown LMS's (Blackboard, Moodle, SumTotal, Plateau, etc. to name a few) as well as it does.

Not too sure if that answers your question, but hopefully it can clarify a little better to help you devise an answer.

#4 2010-02-25 14:03:09

**_bhalbmaier_**

Thank you for your feedback.  In hindsight, I chose my words poorly. 

As the Training Manager, I use Connect Pro for synchronous training and also Presenter for creating PPT-based asynchronous content.  I'm looking at the Training component for a couple of reasons; tracking/reporting on asynchronous content; creating role-based learning paths through course creation and multiple types of content (asynchronous, classroom, etc.).

I understand Adobe Training has some reporting capabilities in terms of attendees, scores on quizzes, etc. which is along the lines of what I'm looking for.  We're a mid-size company (300 people).  I'm not looking for a full-blown LMS simply because I wouldn't be able to manage it.  However, I am trying to evaluate if managing Adobe Training requires a skill set, time investment more than a self-taught user of Connect Pro.

Thanks, in advance, for your insight.

#5 2010-02-25 16:00:27

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Hi Bruce,
I sent you an email ;-)

#6 2010-05-18 05:02:13

**_nidf23_**

thanks

#7 2010-05-18 09:31:47

**_DaveG_**

We use Adobe Connect Training as our sole LMS.  It fulfills our need (when functioning as designed, anyway)  for offering and tracking completion of company-required training.

#8 2010-07-29 07:50:51

**_sybickers_**

Jeff_at_RealEyes wrote:

Hi Bruce,
I sent you an email ;-)

I am in a similar position.  Using Presenter to create flash files embedded on our website - no connect pro server - just want basic tracking - could I have a copy of your email to see it it helps me please?

#9 2010-10-21 20:54:52

**_pgonzalez_**

I am also in a similar position but as a consultant. My client wants an LMS and some of the the Connect fuctionality, but NOT Connect Pro for meetings because they already have a Microsoft solution for meetings. My concern is that without Connect Pro, the solution will be too limited. Will any required fuctionality for training and e-learning be sacrificed by not having Connect Pro? Comments wll be much appreciated.

#10 2010-10-23 06:06:59

**_Adobe_**

Connect Training is not a standards-compliant that is 'SCORM conformant' and simple a LCMS.Connect Pro is a great tool for live virtual meetings/training,and Connect Training does the asyncrhonous powerpoint-to-flash thing with basic tracking (but poor reporting).But that is not lms.

#11 2010-10-25 11:59:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The training module of Adobe Connect is AICC compliant, and the data collected by it can be exported and imported into a SCORM LMS if desired. It is not an LMS, but more of a light weight LMS. It does fit the needs for many groups when it comes to delivering and tracking both live and on-demand training. If nothing else, test it out, either through a trial account or with a partner who is willing to help. At RealEyes, we do managed POC work, and could show what it will and will not do.

In the end, the Training module of Connect can be much more cost effective than a full LMS, but if you need full LMS functionality, then Connect Training is not the way to go.

#12 2011-02-16 00:16:11

**_johnballard56_**

Im fun of editing but the only problem is that I don't know how. I doesn't even know the basics in adobe.

Facebook layouts

Board footer