Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-21 08:59:39

**_daminsky_**

Bulk Importer

There used to a bulk-import tool for Breeze.  Is this still available for Connect?  We're using LDAP to authenticate logins, but we'd like to create groups and enrollments based on course lists.  We're using web services to do it now, but I don't think the web services api is meant for doing large imports of users, groups, and group memberships.  It takes a while and can time out if we have a large number of courses (>50 or roughly 1,000 students).

We know we can sync all of LDAP to Connect, but I'm not sure if Connect can handle it, since we have so many users and OUs in our LDAP server.

We'd rather just create/add group memberships that instructors will use. 

-Damon

#2 2007-09-23 20:04:48

**_michael_**

Re: Bulk Importer

Yes, it is still supported (CSV import, available to system administrators).

The LDAP synch was tested with very large numbers of users (I believe > 100,000 user accounts), so I would suggest this and get out of the manual synch'ing business.

#3 2007-09-23 20:08:14

**_daminsky_**

Where do you get the .exe from?  Or documentation on it?

Thanks!

#4 2007-09-23 20:28:23

**_michael_**

Ahh...I forgot about the exe deal in Breeze 5 for import.  As of Connect 6, the import feature is native to the app, so go to Administration tab, Users and Groups, Import.  Instructions can be found in the Admin Guide as well.

That said, I'm still recommending you consider the LDAP integration.  That configuration work is done in the Admin Console, which is accessible from the server your Connect instance lives on (also see Install and Config Guide for detail on that).

#5 2007-09-23 20:31:57

**_daminsky_**

Arghh..  The .exe option was much nicer, since we could run it as nightly batch file.  I'm not sure we can pull the memberships we want from our LDAP server, but thanks for the advice.

#6 2007-09-25 01:24:15

**_michael_**

Sorry about that.  I think this thread was doomed from the start (take a look at the id number in the above URL ;)

Board footer