Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-21 13:37:07

**_DaveG_**

Events not allowing attendee entry prior to defined start time?

This seems to have begun happening to us since 7.5 SP1.  We are hosted.

We build Events each month for customer training, based upon Seminars to accommodate the number of attendees.  They are usually scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM, and that is the start time we build so that the generated emails to registrants contain the correct time.  Our facilitator always enters the meeting room at 9:45 so early attendees will be able to log in.  Further, in the generated emails we encourage attendees to log in early to have time to correct any connection issues.

Since SP1, even when the facilitator has the room open at 9:45, attendees arriving priot to that time are receiving the following message:

This content is not available yet.

You are getting this error message because:
You were trying to access a course that is not open.
You were trying to access a meeting that has not started.
You were trying to access an event that has not started.

This NEVER happened before SP1.  IF the facilitator at that time then edits the Event to change the time (to say 9:50 as opposed to 10:00) anyone arriving after 9:50 will get the regular login screen.

This is RIDICULOUSLY frustrating to both our facilitators and attendees.  Has anyone else notcied this occurring?  Further, has anyone from Adobe addressed whether this will be fixed?

We really don't want to post our training start times as 9:45 and have attendees all wait for 15 minuutes.

Thanks for any insight.

Regards.

Dave

#2 2010-05-27 14:15:37

**_AmyBrooks_**

Re: Events not allowing attendee entry prior to defined start time?

Dave, what is the status of your seminar room when participants are getting this error? Is it open but attendees are blocked?

#3 2010-05-27 14:24:06

**_DaveG_**

Amy...it's open, and no blocking is enabled.  The facilitator (me) is sitting there with the room open and an empty Attendee List pod, while getting calls from people reporting that they are getting the error message I mentioned above.  In fact, I've moved to another machine near the hosting one, accessed the link for the event, and received the same error as the users are reporting.

REALLY weird behavior, and totally new to our account.

#4 2010-05-27 15:46:33

**_AmyBrooks_**

Dave, I just got out of a customer meeting and did not experience this. I will need to take a look at your account to see what is going on. Can you please email me off list at abrooks@adobe.com

#5 2010-11-19 12:47:50

**_toasty0621_**

Have you found any fixes for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Board footer