Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-03 08:02:09

**_donutman925_**

Integration with Connect site for Courses

I would like to know if the Adobe Connect Mobile team has any plans on integrating the app to the Connect site for users to launch courses as that feature could be a selling point for my company to switch to the android platform for their business phones. Currently using the stock android browser users can log into the connect site and see their courses under the "My Training" tab, but the courses will not open via the left menu or the right menu when clicked. Any info or work around's for this would be welcomed. Thanks

#2 2010-11-03 13:53:09

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Integration with Connect site for Courses

You can launch them diretcly via thie course URL. If you want to use the training list you may have to use an cstom app which pulls the user's enrolled training from the XML. This is not that hard to write, contact me if you want one created and we can negotiate.

#3 2010-11-03 22:11:01

**_jessicaleahy_**

where can i get code for the course URL?:)

#4 2010-11-10 11:07:54

**_donutman925_**

I tried launching them via the course URL in the app over the 3G but I receive a network error. When I got home I turned on the WiFi and connected to my secured network which was already registered on my Droid X and I receive the same error.  The users don't have access to the the Training list and that's the way I want to leave it. I think the app needs more integration with the Connect site for it to become a success.

UPDATE! I just figured out how to launch the courses using the stock android browser via a user account but there's a catch. When you open up the browser bring up the settings for the browser and make sure that the "Block pop-up windows" is turned off. I had mine turned on and that's why it wasn't launching any of the courses from the homepage on our Connect site. The catch is that with the stock android browser I can only launch stand-alone courses and not curriculum's as the android browser will only allow 1 open pop-up window at a time. I will now have to look into seeing if any of the other free down-loadable browsers from the market place will allow me to open multiple pop-up windows. When launching a stand-alone course zooming in and out and using the screen landscape is the best option. It will take a minute or two to figure it out but the courses work.

#5 2010-11-15 02:54:13

**_jessicaleahy_**

It's a great idea. I'll try that out.

#6 2010-11-15 09:18:34

**_donutman925_**

I checked on the third-party web browsers for android and none of them currently allow people to open multiple pop-up windows. It would be nice if there was an app to force pop-up windows to open in a tab. It would work then on third party browsers. I'm not sure if its an android OS issue or if its just something people have not tried to implement yet.

#7 2010-11-15 11:07:25

**_jcooper9099_**

Have you all considered using a custom web page hosted on teh adobe server. You could make it call the xml for the curriculm and dynamically create links. The links could then specify which window they would open in.

#8 2010-11-15 18:03:37

**_jessicaleahy_**

Do you have a link for that one so I can easily get to it?:)

Board footer